LegacyGT.com

Flu Shots anyone?

eldiablo

Flu shots anyone?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Flu shots anyone?

• I get one every year and it works great.
    • I get one but it doesn't seem to work.
    • Hell no! Keep that sh*t outta my body.
    • I like the flu. Easy way to drop 10 lbs.

My work was providing them for free yesterday - no interest. I have a good immune system - I figure if I'm going to get the flu, it will probably be the one strain the shot doesn't protect against anyway.

My parents get it every year, and usually one of 'em gets the flu anyway. I don't get the shot & usually I make it through unscathed - except colds - I usually get slammed by a cold once or twice per winter - unfortunatley, no shot for those yet.

[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

I never get them. I got it once & it made me sick even though they say it doesn't happen. The #1 reason I don't get them is because they always seem to be running out. I feel like me getting a flu shot prevents some old person or sick person who really needs it from getting theirs.
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

I used to get them, when I lived closer to my parents, and when I was in college, and living in proximity to a lot of other students. I haven't gotten one in a couple years lately, though.

A week ago, both my wife, and myself got the flu, quick, and BAD. She was in the hospital for two days for dehydration. Luckily when I got it, I kept the fluids going, but it was still a very miserable experience. A day off work for my wife being in the hospital, and sick over the weekend, and two more days off work for myself being sick.

If you have access, and you come in contact with other people, get one. I wouldn't wish that kind of sickness on anyone.

Although I do think I lost some weight. But that isn't the way to do it.

I went to the local pharmacy to get a flu shot a few years ago when my kids were in the "virus-of the-month-club" a.k.a. daycare. They get a little sick and bounce back but I get it from them and can't function for days. Turns out I couldn't get a flu shot due to my allergies which include eggs. And the very next day, I came down with the flu and was down for five days. How's that for luck?

the funniest thing was, last year my whole office got a flu shot, then this girl come to work sick one day, then everyone got sick

well even though we all got flu shots, but they don't protect us from everything.. :lol: so since one girl got sick, we ALL did! :lol:

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

I worked in a freezer (-20f) for 4 years and got hit each winter. Sure, my system was weakened enough to catch it, but there's no better place than a big freezer warehouse when you've got a bad fever.

I left there 5 years ago and have had it once since then. I hate the shot. I understand the concept of innoculation and believe in it, but since the flu isn't going to kill me I'll pass.

for those of you whom are in your 40-50's, I agree with you- it's a personal choice. i don't think we got too many seniors on here but when you guys hit that age one day, i would strongly encourage you to get it. the so-called pseudo flu-syndrome you MAY get with the shot is nothing compared to actually getting the flu. plenty of people get a cold and think- "oh, I had the flu", trust me, the 2 are far different and you don't want the real flu bug.

To dispel any rumors before they start/get out of hand...

You can't get the flu from the flu shot. Its a dead virus.

You can however, still get other strains of the flu that the shot is not protecting you against (the shot's protection is still a gamble), and your body can reject the shot, which is rare, but happens to some people (me). Just got the flu shot last wednesday and was deathly sick Thur-Sat from my body rejecting it. I've had the flu shot before with no problem, but I wont be getting it again.

Go Cardinals!

what happens If I get a flu shot after already gettting the flu? Will this be pretty redundant?

There are a ton of different strains of the flu. The flu shot will still protect you from many more strains, even though you can't get the strain you had again.

Go Cardinals!

Got the flu once about 10 yrs. ago, I've gotten a flu shot every year since then and strangely enough, haven't caught the flu. I'll keep getting the shots, having the flu (not just a cold, but the real flu) was the sickest I've ever been by a long shot.

I was fine. Just a little dizzy about an hour afterward. YMMV!

I particpated in a flu study 2 years ago testing a new shot and oner of the Doctors told me that the flu starts with a mutated strain each year in the Pacific Rim region and that's what they base the years shots on. Intersting stuff!

• 1 month later...
and NEVER caught the flu or any of that other stuff you could get without immunizations...pertussis, mumps, rubella, etc.........

Hopefully you won't catch any of those for your sake...I'd much rather be immunized than go through a serious illness that could be prevented. How did you get into school as a kid? Aren't kids required to have immunizations? What about travelling abroad?

Archived