LegacyGT.com

Rolling junk

yesterday was entertaining. Wish I had a picture. 1995ish Dodge Avenger. Huge fart can. Distinct odor of anti-freeze. Some douche with his girl friend in the passenger seat. Light turns green, first I thought I was going to die from a cloud of white smoke, his car sounds about as in tune as lawn-tractor and I can't hear my radio anymore. I think he wanted to race me or something since he had obviously floored it.

After the 20 or 30 seconds it must have taken him to get up to the speed limit (45mph) and then slow down for the next stop light he starts rolling next to me in traffic like we are going to go from a roll. WTF?! It is a Sunday morning and a TON of traffic on the road since there are a ton of churches on the road. He finally just went away...I could roll my windows back down.

Yeah so that was my day yesterday. You have to shake your head at things like that.

Any other POS's out on the road of note yesterday?

I bet there's a story somewhere on the MOPARTS forum about how his good ol' Dodge taught a ricer a lesson or two.

Don't me wrong, I love old Mopars, but there's a big difference between a '95 Avenger and a '65 Barracuda. Well, except for the whole antifreeze thing... I just can't get the overflow evian bottle to hold in there with duct tape...

Pete

Call me dumb, call me young, whatever, I just don't put up with that crap. I didn't pay for the turbo option for the gas mileage.

It would have taken you 1.8 seconds from the green light to change his mind. I've found that short quick bursts do wonders in the educational department of fart-can-ology.

...Distinct odor of ... Some douche ...

He likes you :icon_wink

Any other POS's out on the road of note yesterday?

There is a red avenger on the prowl over here. While not quite at the fart can and white smoke level, it does have a STI-esque grab-handle on its trunk, "cooling ducts" for the rear brakes, and of exceptional note is the red Dodge logo on the rear windshield.

Call me dumb, call me young, whatever, I just don't put up with that crap. I didn't pay for the turbo option for the gas mileage.

It would have taken you 1.8 seconds from the green light to change his mind. I've found that short quick bursts do wonders in the educational department of fart-can-ology.

Or, drive beside them and offer encouragement: "Come on! You can do it! Keep going! Just a bit more! Oh crap! You might beat me!" Then, smoke 'em.

The thing I love doing is the good ol' fifth gear on their 3rd gear highway pull, then wave to their girlfriend and downshift. That gets em every time. Did it to an Integra with full body kit and fart can, I thought his girllfriend was gonna shit herself she was laughin so hard.

i dont know about all this down shifting on the highway. maybe if for some reason i was going 60-65 in 5th then ok, but at 75-80 down shifting into 4th the turbo is out of steam. stayin in 5th and gettin on it results in much better accel by far.

plus killing them silently is priceless :)

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Archived