LegacyGT.com

Hks Silent High Power

wrx2legacy

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
think im going to get this on mine, cant decide whether to got for just the mufflers or full cat back, will eventually be getting a catless DP(as soon as i can get one made up for my twin scroll!) Is there much gains, power wise cat back vs muffler only?

think im going to get this on mine, cant decide whether to got for just the mufflers or full cat back, will eventually be getting a catless DP(as soon as i can get one made up for my twin scroll!) Is there much gains, power wise cat back vs muffler only?

honestly couldnt tell you, never dyno'd nor is there an awd dyno around here. now stock motor and such you wont see much if any gain... the stock cat back flows pretty well from all i've read.

• 4 weeks later...

Better to be a little low (even though I have not as of yet hit any speed bumps or anything for that matter even with coilovers), than have your CV boot rubbing against the exhaust pipe as in the Stromung Catback it replaced on my car. I dont know if I should have a longer hanger replace the existing one or use a round pipe to make a valley bend in the exhaust to create more clearance...

The Stromung uses a 3" midpipe it seems after the flange and before the Y-Split...

http://i35.tinypic.com/2r7oitz.jpg

this pic of is NOT my Stromung exhaust,..but where it's circled in yellow is where it is touching the pipe not matter what adjustments I use, or even manipulation of using Kartman Eurothane hangers...etc

http://i36.tinypic.com/2dugxl0.jpg

Looks very nice. But isn't that just about the most expensive catback on the market for the LGT?

The y-pipe also looks really low in this picture:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/5zigenwrx/CIMG1072.jpg

i've never scrapped the exhaust on anything honest to goodness... front is 1/2 a finger gap, and rear is no finger gap honestly on coils. i dont know what my y pipe to the ground measurement is but i could check if needed. it looks real low and looks like it would be bad but never has been.

• 4 weeks later...
lol bigger... about 4" with a taper peice going inward. they sound huge but with the size of the car they really dont look too shabby.

yeah I just bought a Greddy EvoII so i was curious how big those were in comparison. I think greddy is 4" as well:confused: i know the piping is 3"

• 4 months later...
Looks good. I wonder how the exhaust note compares to my perrin?

^ Much quieter, I'd bet, due to the canisters.

The Silent HiPower seems to be of the same note/tone as my Blitz NurSpec Touring canisters, particularly up-high. Down low, it seems to resonate a bit less, which may be a plus for some.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

• 5 months later...

Archived