LegacyGT.com

Hks Silent High Power

wrx2legacy

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it just seems to be the unit im looking for. it has the perfect mix of a very humble idle (comparable to other exhaust options) untill you want it to come alive and really get on it. and those tips... haha i might just have to pork them once or twice if ever installed on my lgt.:lol: hopefully i wont have to by new, but i might just have to.

seth, nice bumper btw. it seems u have the hippo look going.....very sleek:cool:

bag... ahhahaha photoshop does wonders right :D honestly i backed off the hippo/works bell kit damn near bought it came up short with the cost of advans, coils, hks exhaust, etc... so when it came time to relook into it i said hell with it. after i pay off the car i think i'm just going to go after the spec b front.

as for how exhaust sounds... like lawl says it'll drown on the highway in the rear only. i've got some deaden in my car so it's not as bad but honestly it does. idle yea you can hardly hear the system when it's not doing anything. full open... meh still not near as loud as most of the things on the market. most just don't care for the exhaust tip size but honestly... they flow pretty well if you ask me for how big they are.

gotta love that photo shop...i dont blame you for not going through with the hippo setup, itll def get you some attention. if i was gonna drop on a new front end look, i really think id go for a JDM conversion. mabye id go for a gialla or liberal kit. not rly sure.

for the whole exhaust setup, im still months away from making any moves...for now just trying to make a list and narrow down. i cant wait to get to stage II tho. it really seems like it brings our gts alive.

lol yea it's odd how much power is free'd up... made a world of difference on the auto down low if you ask me. if i had to do it all over again... i'd either do hks again, or k2 if i was bawlin outta control... maaaaaaaaybe perrin if i was in the mood that stuff sounds good too.

• 3 weeks later...
speaking from experience...my HKS is only LOUD when I want it to be, and the fitment was absolutely perfect...riding on Tein S-techs for some time now and not once has the exhaust scraped/touched anything...still not loud considering im running OTS stage 2 programming with perrin 2pc DP, and perrin UP...

I've had the HKS on for about 3 months now, and I found it to be awesome around town, but ear had an bleeding drone on the highway. I ended up following Seth1784's lead by getting an audio shop to sound deaden the trunk, and behind the back seats to take the harshness away. Now with the sound material installed I can really enjoy the burbles, pops and the amazing overrun sounds the HKS Silent Power emits without a terrible drone in cabin over super long trips or my 45 min commute each day.

Yea I agree, not much at all in terms of sound deadening in the car. I was amazed at the size of the factory exhaust outlets relative to the new HKS system, they're Huge! After seeing the oe system you can see why the LGT gets next to no sound insulation, as the factory system takes care of it. To be honest I think that if I choose to do install a high performance downpipe in the future I think that I will do a little more sound insulation.

i've got a downpipe, there's not a whole lot in change of tone or sound. i think things got a slight bit deeper but not much change over. here saturday i am actually getting tuned and after i've been pondering making another video of the exhaust. the one i've got on youtube has over 90k views which has me thinking i should take the time to make another with the downpipe, reflash and all that.

i also plan on doing more deaden as well. i did about 60 sqft in my car as it sits now. most is in the trunk rest went to the doors. i'm planning on revamping all of my audio yet again as well and i'm thinking about going after elemental designs paint on deaden since i walk to work i can have it sit and cure for a few days. the more you throw down the better it'll be. so thinking a few coats of that crap all over coupled with what i've got already should make for some nice insulation.

• 2 weeks later...
How is the fitment for the tips in the cutouts. I currently have a Greddy Evo2, but I'm tired of the tone, as well, it rubs my sway bar and rattles like hell. Plus, the y-pipe hangs pretty damn low (my car isn't even lowered yet), and I'm worried about this for my weekly 3 hour drive to Vermont. I think the HKS is my next investment.

fitment int he cut outs is fine... [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdED_vum1hU]YouTube- 07 Subaru Legacy GT; HKS Silent Hipower[/ame] you can more or less tell everything. the y pipe still hangs some what low... i dunno if it would cause issues with the sway or not though. if you want other images i can try to take a few tonight after work.

I have a Whiteline adjustable rear sway bar on my car and the HKS does not make contact with it at all. My car is also lowered on K-Sport Coilovers, sitting slightly below where the car sat with the Eibach Pro Kit springs and have yet to have a problem with the Y Pipe making contact with anything on the road or otherwise.

• 1 year later...

From my experience, if you are looking for power I would go with the Cobb.

I had a Stromung and bought the HKS thinking I wouldnt suffer much power loss with the quieter tone. I was wrong and put the Stromung back on.

The HKS is very well made and looks very trick, but at 2 1/2" diameter at most that tapers back down to 2 1/4" as it splits, it wont make the most power as an exhaust.

think you're a bit off there... i've got a cobb catted downpipe which has a 2.5" outlet and my hks has (what seems like) a 3" mid pipe which didn't sit too great on the cobb. i know it's bigger then a 2.5" pipe.

just throwing that out there...

Archived