LegacyGT.com

Hks Silent High Power

wrx2legacy

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
^ That sounds *_a lot_* like my Blitz NurSpec Touring canisters! Nice!

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

nah there is more expensive set ups, i paid about 950 for mine after tax and such here from a local dealer. the y pipe isnt bad... a guy i know with the greddy evo2 here in town... his sat lower then this, if not it was close to the same. my car is really dropped low (one finger gap all the way around) and i still have a good 5 or 6 inches till the y pipe will come into contact with anything.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdED_vum1hU]YouTube - 07 Subaru Legacy GT; HKS Silent Hipower[/ame]

here is my video of sound and what not, you get a nice little view of the y as well. i have honestly had lower exhaust on my older car, the muffler on the rsx i had was hks with how low i was my muffler was about 4 inches from the ground lol i scraped it 2 times the whole time i had it on which was about 2.5 years. only happend on a couple people's incredebly steep ass drive ways.

nah there is more expensive set ups, i paid about 950 for mine after tax and such here from a local dealer. the y pipe isnt bad... a guy i know with the greddy evo2 here in town... his sat lower then this, if not it was close to the same. my car is really dropped low (one finger gap all the way around) and i still have a good 5 or 6 inches till the y pipe will come into contact with anything.

here is my video of sound and what not, you get a nice little view of the y as well. i have honestly had lower exhaust on my older car, the muffler on the rsx i had was hks with how low i was my muffler was about 4 inches from the ground lol i scraped it 2 times the whole time i had it on which was about 2.5 years. only happend on a couple people's incredebly steep ass drive ways.

Your car is the HOTNESS!!! I have never had anyone drive my car so I could hear the drive-by sound. I hope my X02 Racing and Perrin mufflers sounds like yours. At idle my setup sounds similar to yours.;)

I love the larger tips myself. The stock tips look really small when they are in the bumper cutouts.

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

im totally with you man! i came sooooooo close to going with Perrin cat back! hahahah! i love the sound that set up makes too, its just about like the hks just some tiny differences both are good and rumbly.

oh and i just sat my camera on the curb of an empty lot and drove around hoping the wind wouldnt blow it over lol. got lucky i guess... i was out a ways from traffic and on the back side of a building with no one around so i wasnt worried about the camera.

oh and thanks :D (love the avi by the way lol)

i highly recommend them... i bought the SD900 power shot, its what i took the video with too lol! it takes a really damn good picture, for a point and shoot it blows about everything i've messed with outta the water.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/473118-REG/Canon_PowerShot_SD900_Digital_ELPH.html

there is where i got mine, had the best price i could find. got the thing in nooooo time! i also ordered a ton of extras lol! good luck with whichever you pick though.

honestly no... its surprisingly quiet. the loudest tone i think is around 2700 to 3000. i could be a little off on that though lol! you can hear it if the radio is off and what not, but if you turn on the radio you'll hardly hear it at all, if any. with just my highs playing (since my sub is out till i work out what i like the suspension at) i cant hear it all that well at all, granted you'll feel a teeny tiny amount of rumble from it lol. although its not enough to really be like oh god what the hell is that? its more like an if your tuned to your car kind of thing you'll pick up on.

now i will say this i have some sound deaden in my car which im sure you know keeps some noise out while some in. sooooo might want to add that into the factor. but its by FAR quieter then the greddy evo 2 legacy i've been in.

• 4 months later...
Thinking about getting an HKS now over the MR single tip.....but price is almost double for an HKS over the MR. What are your opinions on this? Should I stick with the MR or fork over the money for an HKS? I love the sound of the HKS.

I will find out soon....but if you refer to post #1 that should give you some kind of an idea, not sure how credible it is, since I have not seen a Dyno Sheet. IMO this exhaust sounds great for the LGT and I actually like the way it looks on the car...but that is my opinion and I'm sure others will disagree.

• 7 months later...

Archived