LegacyGT.com

Deatschwerks 740cc Injector's Thumbs Up!

edmundu

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
are the DW 740's i plan on using to large for my AVO 380 turbo? starting to get confused again. :lol: bosco

No. When properly tuned, the injector can never be too large (within reason, yada yada yada 1000cc will effect idle). Bosco, you're golden with your set-up.

ignore him, he'll go away.

No. When properly tuned, the injector can never be too large (within reason, yada yada yada 1000cc will effect idle). Bosco, you're golden with your set-up.

just checking. :) bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

• 3 weeks later...

I installed a set yesterday. These things rock. Fuel scale was within 1% of predicted and latency was very close to stock (trimmed up just a hair to get a better idle). The injector noise at idle seems a little louder than stock but I attribute the extra noise to a fresh set (harder) of o-rings. Tip in was just a scaled version of my old table.

For anyone installing these in the cold.... don't... or get a heated garage + heat gun. When the engine is cold and the injectors are cold, the o-rings are far too hard to allow easy removal or insertion. I had to warm the injectors to a bit above body temperature before the o-rings would flex enough to allow them to go in.

I would avoid running these without a tune if you live somewhere cold. Just as an experiment, I left the scale value at the stock setting. At 0 degrees, I could barely get the engine to start and it wouldn't stay running (only tried once... it stalled in seconds).

Mine should be here monday. I am installing them Friday since my tune is Saturday morning. The guy tuning has never tuned COBB stuff (I have Street Tuner).... but he has tuned everything else under the sun so I am sure he will figure out the COBB interface.... after all, that is the only thing different when it comes to tuning.

I will keep everyone posted.

Mine should be here monday. I am installing them Friday since my tune is Saturday morning. The guy tuning has never tuned COBB stuff (I have Street Tuner).... but he has tuned everything else under the sun so I am sure he will figure out the COBB interface.... after all, that is the only thing different when it comes to tuning.

I will keep everyone posted.

The Cobb interface is easy. Have you married the ST to the AP yet? If so someone with these injectors can send you over the correct numbers for them so you wont have any issues. We could also build you a temp map to make it to the tuner on :)

The Cobb interface is easy. Have you married the ST to the AP yet? If so someone with these injectors can send you over the correct numbers for them so you wont have any issues. We could also build you a temp map to make it to the tuner on :)

niiice, but I dont have a WB AFR yet. Right now I am on a TDC map for my vf40 18G. I have not married yet because I did not want to eliminate that TDC map.

Stock intake? You don't need a WB to get a tune capable of getting you to the tuner. A/F is actually one of the last steps ;)

I think I will be able to get to the tuner, they are 10 minutes down the road. Is there a way to get my current ProTune map into ST format? I could then load that map and take logs for you guys.

Yes stock intake.

Is there a way to get my current ProTune map into ST format? I could then load that map and take logs for you guys.

Someone with a ProTunner can do it. Your tuner (using your ST) can not. But that shouldn't matter he can tune it from the ground up.

Just let him tune it and be done no need to mess around :) Or bring it to the Columbus meet next week and I will do it for you :)

Someone with a ProTunner can do it. Your tuner (using your ST) can not. But that shouldn't matter he can tune it from the ground up.

Just let him tune it and be done no need to mess around :) Or bring it to the Columbus meet next week and I will do it for you :)

you can road tune? I want this local guy to do it, so later on he is familiar with my car. It will end up costing me a ton though, cuz from the ground up he will take his time and get it right. which could be a few hours.

you can road tune? I want this local guy to do it, so later on he is familiar with my car. It will end up costing me a ton though, cuz from the ground up he will take his time and get it right. which could be a few hours.

I'm road tuning mine (with rao's teaching along the way) so yes :lol:

Read over this its not that hard -> http://www.cobbforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31214

Having the AP and ST married and the ST stage2 flash done before you get to him will save you at least an hour. From there its just a mater of time and logs to get your setup dialed in.

This thread is way off track :lol: PM me or start a new thread if you have any more Q's -> some good info in here also -> http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?p=759866#post759866

For anyone installing these in the cold.... don't... or get a heated garage + heat gun. When the engine is cold and the injectors are cold, the o-rings are far too hard to allow easy removal or insertion. I had to warm the injectors to a bit above body temperature before the o-rings would flex enough to allow them to go in.

FWIW, mine were installed yesterday in 40* weather. They sat in the trunk of my car overnight, below freezing temps. No problems going in. Pulling the wire harness clips off the stockers was a little rough on the cold fingers, but that was about it for issues.

ignore him, he'll go away.

I can't remember where on cobbforums that I found this, but it explains how to tune the fuel injectors. You don't need a WB if the injectors have already been flow tested. For the 32bit DBW ECU, I believe you just type in the cc/min flow value.

There are instructions on how to adjust the tip-in and latency. However, from reading edmundu's and bugblatterbeast's comments, it sounds like those don't need to be adjusted very much.

How To Establish Proper Fuel Injector Table Settings v1[1].00.pdf

Archived