LegacyGT.com

Deatschwerks 740cc Injector's Thumbs Up!

edmundu

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JFYI, The guy at DeatschWerks told me that the Nismo/Jecs 740's has a 4 orfice tip and the DW 740's retains the OEM type 12 orfice tip which atomizes the fuel better. I've been running the DW 740's in my STI for about 8 months now and they have been great. When the 20G goes on the LGT, there will be DW 740's going in it too.;)

05 STI CGM~520whp/463wtq...more to come!

08 STI Aspen White/Gold BBS~305whp/365wtq:D

Both tuned by Scott Siegel!

does anyone know what's going on with the pricing on the 740cc injectors? When I checked 2 months ago it was $400 for the set. A few days ago it was $450. Now it is $470. Has the price gone up to reflect some sort of design change with the part?

I also noticed that their example injector report nolonger includes latency numbers. Do the new injectors come with them or is the example report not representative of what's included.

does anyone know what's going on with the pricing on the 740cc injectors? When I checked 2 months ago it was $400 for the set. A few days ago it was $450. Now it is $470. Has the price gone up to reflect some sort of design change with the part?

I also noticed that their example injector report nolonger includes latency numbers. Do the new injectors come with them or is the example report not representative of what's included.

I'm quite the n0ob when it comes to injectors, but if the price has gone up on the Subaru 740's, couldn't you order the Deatschwerks-modded Nissan injectors? They're MUCH less expensive on the DW site, presumably because they're in more supply.

Just an idea. The DW Nissan 740's for the SR20DET are $369/set...

Goin' to Carolina in my mind...and in my car on the 16th!

Yea.. nissan injector for the 740cc is about $100 cheaper. So, beside the wiring plug that is specifically designed for subaru legacy, is there any diff between the DW nissan 740 and the DW subaru 740?

As Edmundu pointed out, DW subaru seems to be better than nismo (same as DW nissan???).

I'm quite the n0ob when it comes to injectors, but if the price has gone up on the Subaru 740's, couldn't you order the Deatschwerks-modded Nissan injectors? They're MUCH less expensive on the DW site, presumably because they're in more supply.

Just an idea. The DW Nissan 740's for the SR20DET are $369/set...

got mine two days ago $460 shipped. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

DW is a local company for me and I sold the first set of ej20 topfeed cores to Dave the owner of the company 2 years ago. Also one of my future roomates works there and one other Oklahoma Subaru crew member works there also and I was even contemplating on working there also part time. I know basically they use a stock core with the nismo tips with some other secrets. My future roomate would not disclose anymore information because of his contract so I cant speak much more on the situation. I had DW 650's in my wrx and they were a true P&P just like the 740 Sidefeeds. I am even contemplating selling my PE 850's to run DW 740's. So if anyone wants a set of PE 850's PM me.

I am in conversation with David regarding the injectors. He says its hard to get cores for the 740cc, but its not so much an issue for the 650cc. We could probably put together a GB for the 650cc, but I am thinking I want 740cc for sure and I think most people agree.

At what point do you max out 650cc ?? 300whp?

They are going up because demand for the Deatschwerks injectors is going up and David isn't getting enough cores to keep the prices down...

Sorry for OT, but did DW ever include latency numbers for their injectors? I've only seen flow numbers on their reports.

I have a set of used DW 650cc side feed injectors and was wondering what the measured latency numbers are.

Do people just adjust the latency numbers in the map until they get a good idle?

Sorry for OT, but did DW ever include latency numbers for their injectors? I've only seen flow numbers on their reports.

I have a set of used DW 650cc side feed injectors and was wondering what the measured latency numbers are.

Do people just adjust the latency numbers in the map until they get a good idle?

I remember seeing them a while back but my memory could be faulty.

The latency numbers are used to get a good idle despite the bigger injectors. To idle properly you would need increasingly narrow pulses as the injectors are made larger. When the pulses get narrower, the error due to latency becomes a larger factor, hence the need for accurate numbers.

I'll see if they were included with the data sheet that shipped with mine a few months back when I get to the office on Monday.

ignore him, he'll go away.

I'll see if they were included with the data sheet that shipped with mine a few months back when I get to the office on Monday.

i have a sheet that was sent with mine last week what am i looking for? bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

^^^ That sounds really good. I've heard of modified larger injectors having trouble idling. Sounds like you're not having trouble. 8^)

It might be that DW doesn't include it because it's not needed?

SC GT published his DW data sheets in his for sale thread and there were no latency values. However, his injectors are red and mine are yellow. The ones on DWs website for the 650s are yellow as well so I wasn't sure if there was a difference.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52565

DW sent me an email. They said that they CAN provide the latency data but normally don't provide it with their flow sheets. He also said that they provide it with their dynamic testing service.

Since I bought the injectors used, I don't think I can ask them for it. However, anyone who is interested in buying new DW injectors regardless of size should ask them for it. Can never have enough data.

Archived