LegacyGT.com

Nissan / Datsun Z owners... Get in here!

I see some Z traffic in threads from time to time and am finding it hard to keep track of all the Legacy/Z owners here. Thought I'd start a thread so we knew who drives what...

I currently own a pearl white 92TT Z32 with about 64K on the clock. Basic stage III car w/ Stillen SMIC's, RPS clutch & flywheel, EBC, split DP's and test pipes. Spend a lot of time at TT.net as zgene4. Previous Z was a pearl white 93 2+2 in about the same condition.

http://www.photodump.org/stored7/Integrals.JPG

ignore him, he'll go away.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That gen of Z was always my favorite, still looks modern today.

+million

fweasel, I am jelous ZXTT + LGT. Can't beat that combo.

I used to have 84 ZXT. Loved it. I am thinking I'll get a 2nd gen ZXTT one day.

i just wished they made a 2+2 Turbo.. that woulda ruled.....

Nearly all 300ZX's in japan were 2+2 twin turbos. Because of their age, many people are importing them or converting their USDM 2+2's w/ JDM TT clips

Very nice. Which car do you enjoy driving more?

Legacy is the daily driver, fun, but not special. The Z only comes out on the nice weather weekends. Its an event, not transportation.:)

ignore him, he'll go away.

Nice ride there. My buddie had a 280ZX Turbo sometime back in the Eighties. That car went like stink. It wasn't even intercooled!!!! It was a georgous car, black and gold.

It took me a long time to warm up to the 300, but they still look cool on the road.

Here are some pics of my Ultra Red '94 TT w/ about 82k miles right now.

It's a stage III too. Here is the mod list:

JWT Pop Charger

Specialty-Z Labree Cat-Back System w/ Resonated X-Pipe

JWT ECU w/ Boost Jets

Megan Down Pipes

Megan Test Pipes

Assembleweb Intercooler Hard Pipes

Corbeau CR-1 Driver Seat

Woody75 Short Shifter

HKS Type 1 Turbo Timer

Autometer Boost Gauge

Autovation Aluminum Pedals

J-Spec Red-Stitched Shift Knob

J-Spec Red-Stitched E-Brake Cover

Eibach Springs

Tokico Illumina Struts

Stillen Anti-Sway Bars

SPL v2 Adjustable Tension Rods

Specialty-Z Subframe Spacer

Speedindex Rear Strut Tower Brace

Hawks HPS Pads

J-Spec Turn Signals & Tails

Kosei K-1 TS 17x8 (F) & 17x9 ®

Fuzion ZRi 245/45/17 (F) & 275/40/17 ®

Track day pic from this weekend.

http://www.cruz32.org/members/Timmah/album/CHP_Track_10-7-06/chptrack21.jpg

Z Car Club of Colorado car show few weeks ago.

http://www.chrispittman.net/Delete/zmeet/zccc12-re.jpg

http://www.chrispittman.net/Delete/zmeet/zccc20-re.jpg

Mini-Z. My 1/24 scale replica of the real thing.

http://www.chrispittman.net/Delete/zmeet/zccc21.jpg

Nice ride there. My buddie had a 280ZX Turbo sometime back in the Eighties. That car went like stink. It wasn't even intercooled!!!! It was a georgous car, black and gold.

It took me a long time to warm up to the 300, but they still look cool on the road.

My 2nd car was a '81 280ZX Turbo, black and gold with T-tops. I sure missed that car.

Once upon a time I had a 1970 240z. It was a fantastic car; I had to sell it though. I was planning on it being the 1st car in my car collection. Too bad reality finally set in. Growing up I was always in love with the old Z cars. Its too bad that they F#cked up the new one. I wish they had gone back to the roots and made a high revving 2.4 straight six. Maybe even a turbo option. The new one is nice and all, but it is just an evolution of the 90's z car, witch to me looks a little bloated. I really wanted them to go with a slimmer profile and longer hood like the original z car. Keep the price down and make it affordable, like $20,000 to $23,000. That was the combination that made the original such a huge hit. Just my $.02.

:icon_twis Slide It Sideways :icon_twis

I really wanted them to go with a slimmer profile and longer hood like the original z car. Keep the price down and make it affordable, like $20,000 to $23,000. That was the combination that made the original such a huge hit. Just my $.02.

They did, it was called the 240SX/Silvia. :) Nissan just didn't bring over the turbo version.

They did, it was called the 240SX/Silvia. :) Nissan just didn't bring over the turbo version.

Yea, but that was back in the late 80's / early 90's and it was not a "Z" car. Also, it was a 4 banger, not a six. Imagine a modern straight turbo six, much like the toyta Supra of the 90's, but better. Even BMW is doing it right with the 335i. Nissan could have had a real kick ass Z. I think with the current Z they should throw in the 4.5 DOHC V8 from the Infiniti M45 and spruce it up a bit. How does 350-375hp sound?? It could run with a Vette!!

:icon_twis Slide It Sideways :icon_twis

I had a '78 280 (my first EFI car) with motor and suspension work that I AutoX'd , and a '71 240 with a 327 Chevy. The v8 Z went like hell, but the '78 was the corner carver. Sold the '71 and the '78 was stolen and stripped.

I bought the v8 car from buddy who windowed the 305 that was originally transplanted, and I replaced it with the 327. I don't have many pics of either car, and even less digital, but here's a couple of the 305 coming out...

1500673928_Z002.jpg.62f7505ce16a061b93b51ae89b968d76.jpg

287772526_Z006.jpg.39849f70e5cb64aefea205d9a5e2938e.jpg

Yea, but that was back in the late 80's / early 90's and it was not a "Z" car. Also, it was a 4 banger, not a six. Imagine a modern straight turbo six, much like the toyta Supra of the 90's, but better. Even BMW is doing it right with the 335i. Nissan could have had a real kick ass Z. I think with the current Z they should throw in the 4.5 DOHC V8 from the Infiniti M45 and spuce it up a bit. How does 350-375hp sound?? It could run with a Vette!!

The problem is then the Z will have a Corvette price tag. That is not a bad thing given how much car you get out of a 'vette for the money (I mean a stripper is around 45k with 400hp) but an extra 15k-20k is a lot.

Wasn't a big problem with all of the Japanese sports cars that they all got really expesive near the end (I'll call the end when Mazda stopped importing the RX-7 to the USA)?

The problem is then the Z will have a Corvette price tag. That is not a bad thing given how much car you get out of a 'vette for the money (I mean a stripper is around 45k with 400hp) but an extra 15k-20k is a lot.

Wasn't a big problem with all of the Japanese sports cars that they all got really expesive near the end (I'll call the end when Mazda stopped importing the RX-7 to the USA)?

I couldn't agree more. I would rather have a affordable light weight turbo-4 Z than a expensive heavy V8 Z.

The last hold out of the Japanese super car of the '90's is the Mitsu 3000GT it lasted till '99 MY. The RX-7 was gone after the '95 from the USDM. The 300ZX went after the '96 MY and the Supra lasted until '98. I believe both the RX-7 and 300ZX survived in JDM until '99 or there about.

I still have the price tag for my Z. It was $46k back in '94, which is about $60k today.

Archived