LegacyGT.com

Nissan / Datsun Z owners... Get in here!

trackhore, the bracket's gone :) and new wheels too. These pics are actually from a couple summers ago. Need to do another photo shoot.

chenc544, I've been meaning to join ZCCC, just haven't gotten around to it. I definitely will by next spring in time for some track days!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For a split second I thought Bosco revived this thread just to say that :lol:

When it came time for me to buy my first car, I was really interested in a 240Z, I researched them for weeks and finally found one in good condition to test drive.

When I finally did, the side of the car kept digging into my left shoulder when I was in the driver seat.

I was only 5'8 at the time (not that I'm much taller at a towering 5'9 now), but I just remember being impressed by how crammed my upper body felt.

I did love the 90-96 TT ZX and wish I could've owned one, still do, but I think the closest I'll have to be for a while will be the 95 Infiniti J30 I used to have

For a split second I thought Bosco revived this thread just to say that :lol:

nope just trying to help out the Z boys to keep them updated. btw the Z cars are nice but Corvettes are what i like. :wub:

Stay Stock Stay Happy

• 1 month later...

Hey Z'ers.

It's been awhile since I posted on this thread. Just a heads up that ZCon 2009 is coming up pretty soon. It's in San Antonio this year so if anyone wants to meet up I'll be in town. Kinda sad I don't have my z32 any longer but I may try to pick up one before the convention. Can't roll out to that event in the lgt.

Also for those who dislike the 370Z I went to a Nissan dealership today and I think they're really nice looking. Much better than the 350Z and the interior looked much cleaner. It's probably not going to be a classic like the 240Z and the Z32 300zx's but it represents the Z hertiage well in my book.

^2+2 Z32TT's were made overseas and are actually very common in JDM and EDM. I guess most people overseas buy them instead of 2+0. In the US there are also quiet a few 2+2 Z32's with turbo swaps running around. Swapping TT's into 2+2, convertibles and regular NA's are done somewhat regularly.

• 4 months later...

I picked up this red 1972 Datsun 240z recently. It needs a tune up and tires, but runs and drives ok. The cool part is that there is NO rust cancer besides the battery tray and only a couple small dents. I'm torn between keeping it stock or modding the hell out of it. (thinking small block) Either way I won't have the chance to mess with it until i get back from europe next year. :spin:

What do you guys think?

240z1.thumb.jpg.8d8e7be304dc83a90e6f59589d7d454f.jpg

Yup...

I picked up this red 1972 Datsun 240z recently. It needs a tune up and tires, but runs and drives ok. The cool part is that there is NO rust cancer besides the battery tray and only a couple small dents. I'm torn between keeping it stock or modding the hell out of it. (thinking small block) Either way I won't have the chance to mess with it until i get back from europe next year. :spin:

What do you guys think?

nice find. if you want to butcher one up find a rough one.

btw Stay Stock Stay Happy :lol:

Stay Stock Stay Happy

There was one year of the 240 that was rated at 190hp (70 or 71?), that one was the quickest Zs until the 280ZX Turbo came out. I'd rebuild the motor to that year specs.
Not a factory produced engine. The 240Z S30 made 150hp at the crank and was essentially the most powerful stock NA engine of the group. The 260 got a 2.6L AND emissions restrictions that dropped the power to about 140. The 280Z got a 2.8L and fuel injection which brought the power back the the 150 range.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for all the good ideas. I have also been hanging out on Zcar.com talking to those guys. The Z will remain mostly stock. I bought some new wheels (16in x 8in) and a dual weber carb setup, but the engine, trans, and body will stay stock. Suspension will be redone and lowered and the brakes will be mildly upgraded. Going to paint it dark silver with the british style offset racing stripe in black and get a dark tint. New carpet, dash, etc. It already has the cool wood steering wheel. Seats will be re-upholstered in leather. Restoration begins next summer. ;)
Yup...

Thanks for all the good ideas. I have also been hanging out on Zcar.com talking to those guys. The Z will remain mostly stock. I bought some new wheels (16in x 8in) and a dual weber carb setup, but the engine, trans, and body will stay stock. Suspension will be redone and lowered and the brakes will be mildly upgraded. Going to paint it dark silver with the british style offset racing stripe in black and get a dark tint. New carpet, dash, etc. It already has the cool wood steering wheel. Seats will be re-upholstered in leather. Restoration begins next summer. ;)

Good luck man, hope you dont find any problem areas. I can picture the dark silver with tint in my mind, looks great.:lol: What color are the rims?

Archived