LegacyGT.com

Legacy 3.0R spec.B. Two British road tests of new generation 2007 European

slissner

Can we look forward to the next-generation Subaru Legacy 3.0R spec.B with the features that Subaru offers in other markets?

1 4Car: Legacy Spec B

27 Sep 2006

How one tiny switch has transformed the Impreza's big brother

http://www.channel4.com/4car/di/subaru/legacy/4234/1

2 Car Keys: Road Test

Subaru Legacy 3.0R Spec.B

Sports Tourer Auto

http://www.carkeys.co.uk/road_test/subaru/11547.asp

"Still on high-performance cars, we really like the 2007 model year Subaru Legacy, and in particular the powerful Spec.B Sports Tourer version. There are many new features that are worth a look - including the three-mode SI-Drive system - but the most important thing is that Subaru has once again come up with a car whose handling makes that of most of the opposition seem crude and old-fashioned."

Interesting..so the US press are not fans of SI Drive, but the UK Press are.

There's no SI drive on US 3.0's is there? And no manual version.

I could see it being helpful in the way the car responds. It's quick when you are on it but very leisurely otherwise.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

I know they meaure fuel economy differently than the EPA but are those numbers for real.

They use imperial gallon which is ca 4.5 liter compared to your type of gallon which is 3.8 liter. For once you don't apply "the bigger the better"

I dont get how effective that SI drive is supposed to be on an NA car vs forced induction.

IIRC, the SI-Drive just alters throttle response/driveability. It doesn't give more performance in terms of changing boost/ECU mapping.

-Mike-

IIRC, the SI-Drive just alters throttle response/driveability. It doesn't give more performance in terms of changing boost/ECU mapping.

-Mike-

SI Drive works with the ECU, TCU, and throttle inputs. It's comprehensive.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...
I dont get how effective that SI drive is supposed to be on an NA car vs forced induction.

Ed

I like it. They could have made it look like a B9.

I'm surprised there wasn't some executive who went: "Hey, the Legacy is the only car we have that doesn't have a front end that looks like ass! Quick, hit it with the ugly stick so we can move 'upscale!'"

H4 2.5 NA = 8.0

Hahaha.

0-62 in 8.0 secs? bleh, no thanks

Consumer Reports s#cks but they are one of the few mags that have tested H4, H6 and H4 turbo models.

They report a 0-60 time for an LGT automatic of 7.5 seconds versus 8.8 for the 3.0 (and 11.8 for the H4).

45-65 is 5.0 seconds, versus 5.2 seconds for the H6. (They logged 7.4 seconds for the H4 automatic).

65 mph is about 95 fps, so that 0.2 seconds represents 19 feet - one car length.

But, if your sole measure of over-the-road performance is 0-60 time - buy a V8 Mustang! Or a WRX.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Hahaha.

Consumer Reports s#cks but they are one of the few mags that have tested H4, H6 and H4 turbo models.

They report a 0-60 time for an LGT automatic of 7.5 seconds versus 8.8 for the 3.0 (and 11.8 for the H4).

45-65 is 5.0 seconds, versus 5.2 seconds for the H6. (They logged 7.4 seconds for the H4 automatic).

65 mph is about 95 fps, so that 0.2 seconds represents 19 feet - one car length.

But, if your sole measure of over-the-road performance is 0-60 time - buy a V8 Mustang! Or a WRX.

And even those times are... um... conservative.

Price: £29,895

Capacity: 3000cc

Power: 241bhp

0-62mph: 8.0 seconds

Maximum speed: 147mph

Economy: 38.2mpg extra urban, 28.8mpg combined

CO2 emissions: 161g/km

Towing capacity: 2000kg braked, 750kg unbraked

Subaru figures.

Then somethings not right, because my N/A is faster than that.

0-60 in 7.7 seconds. Not something Ive ever tested.

• 2 weeks later...
I like it. They could have made it look like a B9.

I'm surprised there wasn't some executive who went: "Hey, the Legacy is the only car we have that doesn't have a front end that looks like ass! Quick, hit it with the ugly stick so we can move 'upscale!'"

huh? what are you replying to? i wasn't making a comment about the car's appearance.

Ed

Archived