LegacyGT.com

The Beer Thread - Light beer worth drinking?

SubLo

Light Beer Worth Drinking?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Light Beer Worth Drinking?

• Tastes Great!
    • Less filling - Need to Keep my Figure
    • Beer Isn't Worth Drinking Unless it's Full-Bodied
    • Alchohol is the devil!

I can't stand light beer or non-alcoholic beer (unless you're recovering or just don't drink alcohol). Might as well not drink and booze at all.

I love a good dark full bodied beer, especially stouts. No Michelob Ultras or other light beers for me. No piss water for me (e.g, Bud, Miller, Coors Light, Amstel, etc.). I'll drink the ocassional Corona, Heineken, Becks at a party if that's all their offering but not with any enjoyment.

I admit to downing the odd 40oz OE, Ballantines, Bud, Coors back in the ummm... young/broke days but for different reasons then enjoying my bevvie, you know?

Among my favorites are:

• Mackesons (my favorite!)
  • Watney's
  • Sierra Nevada - Oktoberfest
  • Sierra Nevada - Crystal Wheat
  • Samuel Smith - Oatmeal Stout
  • Samual Adams - Summer Brew
  • Samuel Adams - Cherry Wheat

Let's all join and give beer some love!

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

SA Cherry Wheat???? Awful, Have you ever had a real Belgian Framboise, Kriek or Lambic?

I think Light beers have their place. I'd rather have a Michelob Ultra, which is true to its genre, then a Sam Adams Cherry Wheat which is a terrible in-betweener.

Your comment about lite beers being for non-drinkers doesn't make any sense. Urless we are talking about belgian tripples, All Beers are about the same in alcohol content.

Light beer sucks, but a lot of my friends drink it. The strange thing is, when I'm drinking good stuff and they have a taste, the most common response is:

"Too much flavor!"

Too much flavor? That doesn't even make sense!

My favorites:

Three Floyds Dreadnaught Pale Ale (super hoppy!)

Bells Anything (Although Oberon and Two-Hearted Pale Ale are up near the top, along with Consecrator Dopplebock)

Chimay

DT

If you're going to drink light beer, Sam Adams Light FTW!

You can get Mackesons over here ???

My grandma used to drink one every day, and she lived until 96 !

Hell yes! You can actually find it in the ocassional Bodega here in NYC. You can also find it in certain bars/restaurants too. I tend to go to a couple of beer distributors here in Queens (Maspeth, Elmhurst) as well as out in Long Island (Mineola, Garden City) that I know stock it. I'll buy a case every now and then.

I love that stuff. It's thick and heavy though. A lot of my buddies don't like it. To each his own I guess.

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

SA Cherry Wheat???? Awful, Have you ever had a real Belgian Framboise, Kriek or Lambic?

I think Light beers have their place. I'd rather have a Michelob Ultra, which is true to its genre, then a Sam Adams Cherry Wheat which is a terrible in-betweener.

Your comment about lite beers being for non-drinkers doesn't make any sense. Urless we are talking about belgian tripples, All Beers are about the same in alcohol content.

Yeah, I know. I would never have bought it. But, I tried it at a friend's house one day and really liked it. I would have never thought it was good. Yes, I've had Lambic - not bad. Dont be a hater! True to it's genre? That's a bit snobish don't ya think? I don't drink beer, buy cars, buy clothes that are "true to their genre." I drink what tastes good to me, buy cars (LGT) that appeal to me personally, and wear clothes that I find attractive and don't care about the label. I certainly don't give a crap about popular opinion because of those choices.

Try it! You might like it!

:icon_mrgr

I often drink Coors Light, much to the dismay of my buddies but I do it for the reduced calories.

If I was the kind of guy who could buy a 6 or 12 pack and have it last a week or two in my fridge, then I'd drink nothing but BC micro brews.

Light and dark ales are my favorites, along with some select lagers and pilsners.

But they are loaded with beer-gut inducing badness... and I don't exersize enough.

The Coors light is part of my diet regimen.:lol:

Beer is only properly made with barley malt. An exception would be craft wheat beers. American beers are full of cheap "adjuncts" made from corn, rice etc that do nothing for the taste and give you headaches due to fermentation byproducts. Whats the answer to that? Water the beer down. If you live in Northern NJ, Cricket Hill Brewery in Fairfield has great beer and opens their taps from 5-7 every Friday. This is not just some sampling, it is open taps in the brewery.

Beer is only properly made with barley malt. An exception would be craft wheat beers. American beers are full of cheap "adjuncts" made from corn, rice etc that do nothing for the taste and give you headaches due to fermentation byproducts. Whats the answer to that? Water the beer down. If you live in Northern NJ, Cricket Hill Brewery in Fairfield has great beer and opens their taps from 5-7 every Friday. This is not just some sampling, it is open taps in the brewery.

Not entirely True.

Denial is your best friend

Bud light or Bud Select.

Why?

Because it is only 110 (99 for select) calories, if it is ice cold it doesn't taste too bad and when it is 105F outside well heavier beers are just too much.

However, I also like most Belgium ales, Irish stouts, all Canadian lagers and most Bocks (like Shiner Bock!). But for everyday a bud light is fine with me. Whenever I go out for a drink I try to drink something I have never had before.

I don't like IPAs at all.

Guest JessterCPA
If you live in Northern NJ, Cricket Hill Brewery in Fairfield has great beer and opens their taps from 5-7 every Friday. This is not just some sampling, it is open taps in the brewery.

OMG!! Someone agrees with me!!

Yay!! :)

Are you from the area?

Jesse

Whats a "macro" brew? :lol:

I forget that some people live in cities where every corner bar doesn't have their own brew, and some places don't even have a brewery, let alone 6.

My favorites:

Lakefront Fuel Cafe

Sprecher Abbey Tripple

Sprecher Black Bavarian

Milwaukee Ale House Sheepshead Stout

If I have to drink something lighter and cheap, I'd go with a Leiney's Honey Weiss.

Archived