LegacyGT.com

Subaru Posts SOA Sep 06 numbers

gfxdave99

Subaru of America Reports September 2006 Sales

- Subaru Impreza sales up 36%; total Subaru Sales up 3% year-to-date -

CHERRY HILL, N.J., Oct. 3 -- Subaru of America, Inc. September sales totaled 16,128 units. This total brings Subaru sales year-to-date up 3 percent from the previous year.

Subaru sold 1,449 units of the Tribeca mid-size SUV during the month of September. The company also posted 6,448 units of Legacy vehicles for the month, with Subaru Outback posting 4,330 units of that model line total. Subaru Forester recorded 3,806 units, while Baja posted 631 units, up 13 percent, for the month. Subaru Impreza continues to post tremendous sales with a gain of 36 percent over the previous September, totaling 3,794 units.

For a complete sales chart and additional information about Subaru of America, Inc. and Subaru vehicles, visit our media website at http://www.media.subaru.com.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

If I'm reading that correctly, they only sold 311 Legacy wagons which were not Outbacks, looks pretty bad for future development :(

Especially if they sold 631 Bajas !

Yeah you are reading that correctly.

4641 Legacy/Outback Wagos

-4330 Oubakcs

= 08 legacy wagon might not even exist

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

You still have the chance. The 07 wagon is alive and kicking - the 08 may not re-appear as a wagon.

Sorry, let me re-phrase that a 5MT GT Limited Wagon :)

They can only blame themselves, the car is fantastic, it's just not marketed correctly.

Logic says this to me. When did Subaru become so popular? Ummmm when Paul Hogan was advertising the Legacy Outback. So re-sign him as spokesman of the whole fleet and reap the cash intake. Duh.

I heard a rumor that Subaru might drop the Outback Sedan and the Legacy Wagon - both slow sellers. They will then retain the Outback/Legacy line, purely as the Outback Wagon and Legacy Sedan.

Then they should offer the Legacy sedan in a 6 cylinder. I know people who just plain dont want a 4 cylinder, turbocharged or not. They go for the outback sedan with the da 3 liter.

....Id go for the Outback sedan with a 3.3L........

Logic says this to me. When did Subaru become so popular? Ummmm when Paul Hogan was advertising the Legacy Outback. So re-sign him as spokesman of the whole fleet and reap the cash intake. Duh.

People will get him confused with Steve Irwin and wonder why subaru has a dead guy doing commercials.

Then they should offer the Legacy sedan in a 6 cylinder. I know people who just plain dont want a 4 cylinder, turbocharged or not. They go for the outback sedan with the da 3 liter.

....Id go for the Outback sedan with a 3.3L........

I agree about the 6-cyl. I would prefer a NA engine to a turbo-charged one, any day of the year. I think Subaru is selling themselves short by not offering the Legacy GT with a 6-cyl.

i see alot of Outback's, quite a few Impreza's but almost no Legacy's in my area. where are all the Legacy's if they sell so many if them? :confused: bosco

There are tons of subies up here. I see at least 5 newer legacies going to and from work everyday and about the same amount of Tribeca's. Not to mention wrx's etc...

I heard a rumor that Subaru might drop the Outback Sedan and the Legacy Wagon - both slow sellers. They will then retain the Outback/Legacy line, purely as the Outback Wagon and Legacy Sedan.

Then they should offer the Legacy sedan in a 6 cylinder. I know people who just plain dont want a 4 cylinder, turbocharged or not.

The Legacy wagon and Outback sedan are dead for MY2008. And the MY2008 Legacy sedan will have a 3.0L 6-cylinder option.

Archived