LegacyGT.com

Subaru Posts SOA Sep 06 numbers

gfxdave99

;798683']MY2008 Legacy sedan will have a 3.0L 6-cylinder option.

Wrong bodystyle for me. I would buy it in a jiffy if they offered the Legacy GT wagon with the 6-cyl and the SI-drive....even willing to pay a premium over the turbo variant.

;798683']The Legacy wagon and Outback sedan are dead for MY2008. .

Considering the sales volume, I doubt they had any other option for the above models. They might as well focus their attention on the better sellers in their lineup, even though I will miss the GT wagon a lot. Will help in keeping the company afloat, even though it will disappoint a few enthusiasts.:(

I was wondering the same thing Jon. You've always been a great source of accurate info. Can you spill the beans?

Bob

+1,,,,,,,,,I read your post Jon and said,,, Huh?:confused: Considering the Legacy wagons I have owned I'd really be disapointed in this decision.

Rudy

I would also like to see the Legacy available with the H6. However, I would be surprised if Subaru were to offer three engine options in a low volume car.

it's offered in the outback sedan which is an even lower volume car... IMO they should drop the Outback sedan and just make an H6 Legacy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I believe "Outback" people SOA have very strong position - they introduced it in the US, and it's possible that idea of Outback originated at SOA. Remember that's a corporation and corporation games come to play. It's not just "about business".

Outback sedan FTL

Frankly any 05+ Outback FTL - if you think at like half of Outback wagons could easily have been Legacy wagons if:

1) SOA advertised the car

2) Actually manufactured enough of it

3) Allowed for more choices/options (H6, VDC, cloth w/moonroof, etc)

4) Dealers stocked it

5) Some poeple would not be so stupid to buy a SUV wannabe with scary suspension - Jeep Wrangler unlimited feels safer in turns than 05+ Outback!! (pre-05 Outback were much better)

Archived