LegacyGT.com

Drop in panel filter vs. a new kit with a cone

shediesforhim

Sound wise a cone. Because your stock air box will keep things pretty quiet. Performance wise probably a cone as well. But make sure you get a good kit and get a tune for it. You don't want to lean out. Our stock airboxes are sufficient for the stock turbo. So unless you want tons more sound, and the need to get a custom tune for the intake that only squeezes a few Hp out of it. I would stick with a drop in. Well at least thats what I plan on doing. But I don't want alot of sound so thats up to you.

AFAIK they don't actually make any intakes for the 2.5i, though I think a few members here have found a way to make one. Check this thread:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39199

A good CAI, or even a SRI (if they existed), will be beneficial. Looks like those people are still using the stock airbox though so I'd question just how much of benefit it actually provides.

Go get the Blitz drop in filter like I did. :D

http://fastwrx.com/bllmdrfi.html

I'm going to be getting my AP and MR exhaust here so I wanted to hear a little bit more of the intake air/turbo spool.

Best thing about this one is this is the new part # specifically for the Legacy (it's not the EVO Blitz intake like TDC currently sells) and will fit right in. I would suggest at least waiting until you have flashed your car to at least Cobb Stage 1 or PDX/TDC Stage 1 maps before getting a CAI if you want to go that route.

However on a stock setup, the Blitz panel filter will let you hear the turbo spool more and give you some good air filter protection (since it's a NON-OILED panel filter) for at least 30,000 miles. At $55 bucks, it's better than the AVO and way better than the perrin one IMO.

However on a stock setup, the Blitz panel filter will let you hear the turbo spool more and give you some good air filter protection (since it's a NON-OILED panel filter) for at least 30,000 miles. At $55 bucks, it's better than the AVO and way better than the perrin one IMO.

Gonna be pretty tricky to here the turbo spool from a 2.5i :lol:

• 6 months later...

Archived