LegacyGT.com

Evo to legacy-Legacy to Evo?

^^Difference being that while the interior might be corolla-esk, the suspension, frame, brakes, etc are more race car oriented. If I were to buy one, and I've considered it, it would be more for a track and autocross car with occasional DD duties... sorta like my talon is now

^^Difference being that while the interior might be corolla-esk, the suspension, frame, brakes, etc are more race car oriented. If I were to buy one, and I've considered it, it would be more for a track and autocross car with occasional DD duties... sorta like my talon is now

Same boat here... Drove one for 4 hours once, and didn't care for it being my daily driver!!!! I would actually consider an STi for a daily driver way better than the Mitsu!!!

Once, none of them come in Wagon, I "had" to buy a WAGON LGT!! hehehehe

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

used to drive a lancer, i have a lot of friends that drive evo's...from a stock RS to a fully race prepped track monsters, i have personally been in all of them, and driven more than a few...

I have said it in another thread here, but a person that buys an evo for the interior, should have never bought the car.

The EVO is a monster, Similar to the STI, but its just easier to mod. The Evo isnt about Refinement inside the cabin. but its sloce to perfect everywhere else. The reasons i didnt get one, is because of insurance and it pretty much would have felt like my car

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

I was looking for an evo for some time myself. Test drove an 06 MR (top of the line evo) Very impressive car, fast as could be. I also test drove an 03 WRX, very quick, but not like the MR.

After going to a Subi Dealer and driving a Legacy (06 GT sedan) I fell in love instantly. Oh and the insurance is half that of either the WRX or EVO.

Could I drive a WRX or EVO daily? Definetly

Could never have one for a daily driver, Test drove a 05 back in March of last year:(

I know many of you have mentioned you like the seats in the car, they were sooooooo uncomfortable to me.

if you are over 6ft, they wont be comfortable..

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

if you are over 6ft, they wont be comfortable..

If you're under 5'4", they won't work, either (at least on the Evo 8). I was actually flamed into next week by n00bs on Evolutionm.net when I asked about replacement seats for the Evo that were *height-adjustable*.

Apparently, they thought I had no business complaining about the seats when it's an Evo we're talking about. O noes!!!111!11

If you're under 5'4", they won't work, either (at least on the Evo 8). I was actually flamed into next week by n00bs on Evolutionm.net when I asked about replacement seats for the Evo that were *height-adjustable*.

Apparently, they thought I had no business complaining about the seats when it's an Evo we're talking about. O noes!!!111!11

EvoM is harsh...its 3-4 times the size of this site...repeats questions get annoying..Evo owners get annoying...

im 5'9" 200lbs and very comfortable in both VIII and IX 's seat

Weird, I loved the seats in the evo and I hate the seats in the lgt. The seats are one of the numerous things I miss about the evo.

RECARO BABY!!!!!!

Hhehe I hate the seats on the LGT as well, miss my S4 Recaro seats as well!!!!

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

How I wish I could have taken out the seats in the S4 & installed them in the LGT...the only thing I truly miss.

I am only 5'9 190 & I still think the seats in the EVO (for daily use) is more akin to a torture chamber:(

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

I liked the seats in the Evo, but my wife did not. She would never be able to drive it comfortably because there was no height adjust for the seats. I had asked this about the Evo 8 and got reamed. No point in arguing with the tools who snapped back at me (at EvoM.net).

I like the LGT seats, but they could use more side & thigh bolstering.

I liked the seats in the Evo, but my wife did not. She would never be able to drive it comfortably because there was no height adjust for the seats. I had asked this about the Evo 8 and got reamed. No point in arguing with the tools who snapped back at me (at EvoM.net).

I like the LGT seats, but they could use more side & thigh bolstering.

post the link of the thread were people snapped...im kinda curious who it was

The Evo is like having the amentities of a toyota corolla with a stock turbo that does 19 PSI. No thanks.

i would chose a legacy anyday but don't you think you're taking your hating a little to far? The evo is a car and a half....you can't put it down that harshly because in my opinion that's just ignorant...STi FTW

Both the evo and sti were on my short list when I bought the legacy. The evo is setup as a rally car, so the creature comforts are, well, missing. Nice stiff suspension, but too stiff for my old body.

The LGT is a pretty well balanced car. Those spirited driving sessions leave one grinning large. You can't throw it around like you can an evo or sti, but it's not designed with rally in mind.

And what a perfect sleeper. :)

Archived