LegacyGT.com

Evo to legacy-Legacy to Evo?

LGT/SPEC B is the perfect blend of everything I would want in a car.

I did about 4 months of dedicated research before deciding on the Spec b.

In the end I had no choice.

I wanted or HAD to have the following:

AWD

FOUR DOORS

NAVIGATION

DECENT HORSEPOWER

GOOD LOOKS

POWER WINDOWS, LOCKS, SUNROOF

DECENT HANDLING

Believe it or not there aren't a lot of cars that cover that and there were not ANY subarus that had all that with a manual transmission except for the Spec b.

So when I say I was forced into it that's what I mean.

I test drove and checked out the STI and other cars. Audi, and some others.

In the end I was too big for those sub-compact cars and I would look goofy trying to get in or out of one of those. In addition I like that NOBODY knows what kind of car I drive. Yesterday someone asked me if it was a Saturn. Talk about a sleeper. (No sir it's not a Saturn it has 300 HP though.)

Anyways...I love the car more every day. It is a great commute car. I put 1,000 miles on it last week. The seats are a small weak point when it comes to performance. I spent 2 hours and 130 miles on complete twisties. Anyone know of highway 36 in California. It was insane. I pushed the limits for nearly 2 full hours. I had the wheels making some noise and really had the lateral force maxed out. The seats were the only complaint. Other than that the car was solid.

With 300 HP there wasn't one hill that made it difficult to climb.

It was the best drive I've ever taken.

When I went out lookin' for a new car, I wanted somethin' sporty and racer. I was already bored after a Lumina, an Aerostar, and a Camry (arghhh!) I went to the Mitsu showroom and I tried the Evo MR (no cd player, no sunroof), but it was a Lancer on steroids! I told the saleswoman:"my baby's car seat won't fit back there!" So she recommended me the Galant...

I crossed the street and bought the Legacy (the classy side of Subaru) and my baby boy always asks for more speed! I look so gorgeous drivin' it without any kidney pains!

Like a Serta Mattress: The Perfect Sleeper! ;)

Archived