LegacyGT.com

Major Ownage

team23jordan

he did get owned... damn! he certainly deserved it - but...

i just could not do what stateman did - be a snitch. if the dealership denied his claim based on their own investigation, that would be ok. snitching on someone and getting joy out of someone elses missery is not ok. the guy that wrote to all the dealers had gone way out of his own way to get the kid in trouble! i hate snitches and wistleblowers... if the kid wanted to be immoral and unethical, it is his own consciousness...

anyways, a crazy story. the kid deserved to be denied, but not b/c somone reported him. i was really surprised with all the hate on that board... i am glad people here are much more tollerant and intellectually advanced :icon_wink:lol:

i just could not do what stateman did - be a snitch. if the dealership denied his claim based on their own investigation, that would be ok. snitching on someone and getting joy out of someone elses missery is not ok. the guy that wrote to all the dealers had gone way out of his own way to get the kid in trouble! i hate snitches and wistleblowers... if the kid wanted to be immoral and unethical, it is his own consciousness...

i would rather have snitches than ppl who sit around and don't do anything about it and let unmoral and unethical things go.

how would u have liked it if u had a legit warranty claim about ur legacy but the all the dealers denied u cause they suspect u had modded ur car, but some smuck who did all kinds of tweaks and mods to his car, and blew the engine cause he overboosted the car and leaned it out went to the same dealers, had his car placed back to stock and played dumb and get his warranty claim approved?

so while that fool speeds around in his brand new engine, u were forced to pay out of ur own pocket to get urs running again. How is that fair in ur own eyes?

+1

This guy is an absolute idiot. He's probably completely upside down on his loan, maxed his credit card on mods, and couldn't pony up the money to get a real tune. Now he blew his motor and is going to get a freeby. That's CRAP!!! I would snitch on him if I knew where he took the car. If you don't have the money to do it right, go get a camry and take up basket weaving.

:eek: I can't believe I just read that. People are serious A-holes. Its a Forum where people go to learn and get research on mods and how to do them. So the guy was a idiot does that mean he should get screwed? How many Legacy owners here have mods??? how would you like it if some jerk here snitched you out when you go in for warranty work. That just cold. And I am discusted with the way this thread is starting. You people would actually rat out other posters on this board because they broke something on there car. Thats messed up man. I don't feel like I can trust this forum anymore.:icon_mad:

:eek: I can't believe I just read that. People are serious A-holes. Its a Forum where people go to learn and get research on mods and how to do them. So the guy was a idiot does that mean he should get screwed? How many Legacy owners here have mods??? how would you like it if some jerk here snitched you out when you go in for warranty work. That just cold. And I am discusted with the way this thread is starting. You people would actually rat out other posters on this board because they broke something on there car. Thats messed up man. I don't feel like I can trust this forum anymore.:icon_mad:

I didn't mod my last car, not even wheels and tires, until the warranty was up.

I wasn't planning on modding this until the warranty was up either (probably sometime in the next 2 months), but that killer AP deal was screaming my name.

I took my car in for warranty work because there was a "rolling" sound whenever I'd accelerate, brake, turn, etc... turned out to be a marble (from previous owner). Very small, but it took them time (had car for 2 days) and I felt bad I made them spend the time on something that shouldn't have been under warranty. Imagine if I killed my engine by being a moron and cranking the boost up to 18 PSI with no engine management.

If you choose to break your warranty, and something goes wrong, it's not Subaru's responsibility to fix it. I don't think that guy should have snitched, but chances are the Subaru dealer would have figured it out and denied the warranty claim. They're not stupid and unless you're good it's pretty obvious when something physical, especially as much as he had, has been modified.

I see where you are coming from. I modded my car to but I spent the extra $$ to make sure it did it safe. AP, cobb dp, and flex uppipe and a good tune. But when someone does it the cheap dumb way like ebay parts and manual boost controls I just laugh. If something breaks I say good luck with the warranty because your gonna need it. If the car gets warrantied they lucked out and more power to them. If they don't its more of a I told you so. But when someone goes to a forum asking for help and advise and the people go out of there way to inform the dealership its modded and then spend 5 pages tearing him a new one it makes me want to puke. I guess I just feel bad for a fellow enthusiast getting bent over from other fellow enthusiasts. no matter how immature and dumb he was.

im a little worried for that kid. On a side note: i noticed my tdc tune pushes me into 18-18.5 i have supporting mods in exhaust and a tmic. However, is our fuel pump inefficient past 16.5-17psi like all these people were saying? That makes me very worried about my engines health if our fuel pump cant support 17+ lbs boost.
06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

I see where you are coming from. I modded my car to but I spent the extra $$ to make sure it did it safe. AP, cobb dp, and flex uppipe and a good tune. But when someone does it the cheap dumb way like ebay parts and manual boost controls I just laugh. If something breaks I say good luck with the warranty because your gonna need it. If the car gets warrantied they lucked out and more power to them. If they don't its more of a I told you so. But when someone goes to a forum asking for help and advise and the people go out of there way to inform the dealership its modded and then spend 5 pages tearing him a new one it makes me want to puke. I guess I just feel bad for a fellow enthusiast getting bent over from other fellow enthusiasts. no matter how immature and dumb he was.

actually if u read this post http://www.i-club.com/forums/showpost.php?p=90192&postcount=42

it stats that the dealer was going to deny him warranty anyways, and the link to the thread just made it solid. so either ways, that kid was gonna get denied for warranty work.

and to make things worse for himself the kid now went to another dealer and even signed affidavit saying he never modified the car. in which now they have proof that he's defrauding SOA and the dealership. i don't think any1 would go as far as signing a legal document saying u never modded the car when in fact u did just to get a free engine to be replaced.

if ppl like this were never around, dealerships would never have to be so cynical about doing warranty work in the first place.

Ahhhhhhh ....... just for the record, my car is totally unmodified :icon_mrgr

I cant believe anyone here would think it would be ok to snitch to the dealers. If you follow this type of logic some "dogooder" citizen should just take all the info from these boards and colate it, send it to the local dealers and "warn" them of all our activities! Or how about we turn up to track days, and autocross events, take down all the rego numbers and send them to all the insurance companies and dealer networks.

The guys ignorance is clear, but it is no reason to contact dealerships. SOA is a big boy, that have trained technicians that are responisble to work these things out. We dont know what the dealership really knew (only info bout that came from the snitch) but we do know that he was snitched on for sure.

I though these online communities were about learning together and sharing information with one another about tuning etc. Thats why Im here.

I feel sick to my stomach knowing that some here would think this kind of snitching is ok.

:( WOW

Note to Members in the New Jersey and surrounding areas

This mob-like "no-snitch" atmosphere has to stop. Ethical issues aside, I feel obligated to report fraud, especially when the person is stupid enough to post his story (in which he freely admits guilt) and then lies on an official document.

EDIT: self-censored

The Dude - Two inches and counting...:lol:

Everybody says that he got what he deserved, but nobody wants to step up to the plate and help justice find him. People like him make the legitimate warranty service that I have performed that much harder.

To allay any of your fears (since I know this subject can be touchy to say the least), I don't plan on snitching on anybody, especially after all of the help that I have received here. But you have to draw the line somewhere, and (after what I must admit has been a shitty day) that was it when I read that thread. No intention to ruffle feathers, just stating my opinion

I don't think it is anyones duty to report anything like this. Child molestation yes, modding your car .... no. People need to take responsibility for their actions, not have it forced upon them.

He didn't "get" what he deserved. I know a few people who work at dealers who mod their cars and then revert back to stock to get their cars serviced. These people are very few in numbers and would no way cause our warranty prices or car prices to go up so therefore it doesn't matter to us.

Lets put it this way.... how many of us are running any software that was not purchased or listening to illegal mp3's? How would you feel if someone told on you? I bet that idiot who told on him is listening to some illegal mp3's right now....

People need to take responsibility for their actions, not have it forced upon them.

I feel that in a situation like this, forcing the person to take reaposibility will help them learn to in the future. That is the point of the legal system.

I bet that idiot who told on him is listening to some illegal mp3's right now....

That doesn't make sense. If the person goes out of their way to inform the authorities, chances are that they either:

1 - are morally opposed to it, and feel that action needs to be taken

2 - are doing it out of spite/personal vendetta

Only #2 is consistent with your story, which incidentally doesn't apply to me (why would I want to draw attention to my own hypocrisy?). Besides, I wasn't saying that everybody should or shouldn't do something (others already have, and that annoys the crap out of me when somebody tells me what I should be doing). I merely gave my opinion.

Okay. Long-winded but here goes.

What grieves me the most (and I mean that literally) is that this owner (won't even quantify how old I think he might be) felt absolutely no compelling reason to tell the truth, be responsible, or accountable for his actions. It's the quintessential demonstration of personal action, without personal responsibility, or "I'm okay, you're okay"..., AND I can blame you for my mistakes. After all, YOU on the board told me what to do and therefore this is all YOUR fault.

In a system of laws, there has to be one higher, immutable, untaintable, moral law that underlies and under girds all other laws. That law is moral law, which never alters, either for the noblest or for the weakest, it is eternally and abidingly the same. Moral law is what binds us, guides us, directs our thoughts and intentions towards one another and holds behavior such as demonstrated by the owner in the i-Club thread to be reprehensible and a non-choice. Without moral law, that intrinsic and extrinsic understanding of right and wrong, and which is the basis for statutory law, we would all do what seems appropriate in our own eyes, without any concern for ourselves or others, to our greater peril.

Now imagine a group of people who each operated from the anything goes (and get away with as much as you can) perspective, and taught their children (by word and example) to do the same. It would not be long, generationally speaking, before the whole society acted like this. We would have anarchy and mass hysteria, and that is, what I believe the long-term result of this kind of behavior will become.

Not approaching this from a "logic" perspective but just from a what-if. Let's say one of our members stole another member's car, because they could, and another member knew that this person had stolen the car. Moral law tells you that this is not right and statutory law provides the mechanism (process if you will) to rectify the breach. Statutory law says that if you have knowledge of this crime, then you have a responsibility to report the crime, otherwise you're an accessory to that crime. But, if you follow the thinking from the thread, then none of us have a responsibility to report this, even though the members know that a crime has been committed. What’s different about this scenario versus the one in the post?

In the scenario above, I would have personally gone to the individual and told him straight up that they had to return the car and face the consequences themselves or that I was going to the police, since they left me no choice. In the i-Club thread, since I didn’t know the individual personally, I would have told him via PM to either come clean with the dealership or I’d have to report it, since he left me no choice. By telling me in the thread, he would have made me an accomplice.

Too much gets brushed under the carpet because we think it’s someone else’s responsibility. It’s not. It’s all of our responsibilities. We can choose to be ostriches and hide our heads in the sand but eventually something will happen that involves us and we’ll have to confront these issues ourselves. It’s better, imho, to check your response on the smaller issues so we know when and how to respond when the larger ones happen.

It’s not murder, rape, or another heinous crime, but it’s not the crime per se, it’s the lack of principled behavior behind it. The owner who lied, defrauded and then defended his actions has no hope of redeeming this without personal accountability for his actions. And likely SOA, through its dealer network, will extract the civil equivalent of "payment" for his crime.

And, before we get started down the path of oh noes, we’ve admitted ourselves that we’ve done these kinds of things, now what? Well, the consensus on this board is that you play, you pay and that we hold each other accountable for not defrauding each other, the dealerships and SOA. That’s how I operate and, from your comments, that’s how you approach this too.

Somehow this one set me off and I apologize for the long post. I’m sure I’ve done a muddled job of putting these thoughts together after a long day, but bottom line, at some point, we have to draw a line that bounds and constrains our behavior. Without it, we all do bone-headed things like we’ve all just read about.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

The law, the ability to sue and prove in court is what determines guilt. If someone thinks he is lying, prove it in court. Until it is in court (in most situations), and you are put under oath, then and only then would it be your duty as an american citizen who has moral principles to assist those who have been "injured".

It is not anyones civic duty to taddle tale on anyone else. It is their civic duty to give information they know if they are approached by someone who can handle this legally. Unless of course this is rape or murder or something so bad that the person involved might not be in a state to approach the police.

You can believe different but imagine this country if everyone taddle taled. What hell would that be...

"Hey Microsoft, Subietonic is using an version of Microsoft office that he didn't buy!"

"Hey 911, I just saw subietonic driving 90 miles an hour on the highway. Come arrest him!!"

"Hi subietonics mom , I saw subietonic smoking weed after school. You should punish him even though he is over 18 and capable of his own choices!!!"

Imagine that type of society.... citizens arrests ftl..:(

Archived