LegacyGT.com

pattern for cutting stock heat shield

fweasel

No, that's not even remotely close to what I was talking about. Are you high?

errr. I mean thanks, that's the one!

ignore him, he'll go away.

Will a dremel cut off wheel work or do you need something thicker?

It depends on how much time you have :lol:

Something larger is better - a 4" cut off whell will get the job done in a few minutes, a Dremel will take a lot longer and it will be harder to get it done right.

If just want it done I'll do it for you, if you want it perfect, I am sure the Doc will take care of it for you.

I bought a cut off machine and wheels. I bought a proper fiber cut off wheel for my Dremel to augment the many regular ones.

Then when I got right down to it I used a hacksaw. Zipped it right apart in no time. I started to use the other things and found them loud, messy, and slow.

Siince then I've found other uses for the cutoff machine, so I'm not sorry I bought it. But for this job, and others like it involving thin metal, a hacksaw is your friend.

I don't know what the frigg you guys do with your dremels, but I used one wheel and cut off way more than I needed to in less than five minutes.

You know you can turn it on and not just move it back and forth like a saw, right?:lol:

My advice would be to hack it up while you've still got the dp off the car so you can use it as a guide. Wish I had done that.

DSCN0032.thumb.JPG.a30f083dcb22d298f1eae5db1ac50d1a.JPG

DSCN0034.thumb.JPG.fe1f78dc2dae965789d03ef0dfdb85a1.JPG

Experience is something you don't get until right after you needed it.

5 minutes using a pair of tin-snips. :)

Done with DP already on-vehicle. Just a matter of trial-and-error. ;)

And no, I don't have an inhuman grip or anything of the like.... I'm still working on closing Captains of Crush #2. :redface:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived