LegacyGT.com

Amazing project I have started - need input

CasopoliS

Yeah, I am pretty sure there would be market for it given how many LGT users opt for "stealth" or "factory look" installs.... no flip switches, no!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been thinking a lot about this. What makes the most sense to me is to offer a module that plugs right into the factory wiring with loose wires hanging off the other end. Then have it come with a diagram that says something like

Red wire is "push up" +12V...blue wire is "push down" +12V. Then I could easily wire it to my radio track up and down with a couple relays. This could control anything. Have it be negative trigger if it's easier. I don't care.

When I push the lever up, it outputs +12V through the red wire. When I push the lever down, it ouputs +12V through the blue wire...etc.

When cruise control is on, the module loses all power.

This could be wired to your intercooler sprayer, electronic device, NAAAAWWWWWSSSS!!!!

When I push the lever up, it outputs +12V through the red wire. When I push the lever down, it ouputs +12V through the blue wire...etc.

When cruise control is on, the module loses all power.

This could be wired to your intercooler sprayer, electronic device, NAAAAWWWWWSSSS!!!!

That was the original concept... since that would work with both WRX and the LGT. The concept was going to give you 5 functions. tapping up or down activated 1 output, and holding up or down for 1 sec would activate another. pulling the stalk would be a momentary switch. the device would be outfitted with 5 relays and the user could switch power to whatever they want.

the issue was what happened when they activated CC.... do the relays hold position? Do you have to deactivate CC to switch them back? When you are actually using the CC, the stalk would not be able to do anything.

Yup, CC activation should cancel other function. There could be an option to disable CC completely and then use the extra button as an extra switch.

^^ but that would turn off my accesory that I turned on w/ the cancel button :mad:

Maybe the momentary switch could be replace with an on/off switch that would stay in position when CC is on and then turn off with ignition.

No, that's not what I meant. Activating CC would simply reroute the stalk signals to normal CC mode, without changing affecting whatever accessories controlled in non-CC mode. Disabling CC would go back to accessory mode.

That was the original concept... since that would work with both WRX and the LGT. The concept was going to give you 5 functions. tapping up or down activated 1 output, and holding up or down for 1 sec would activate another. pulling the stalk would be a momentary switch. the device would be outfitted with 5 relays and the user could switch power to whatever they want.

the issue was what happened when they activated CC.... do the relays hold position? Do you have to deactivate CC to switch them back? When you are actually using the CC, the stalk would not be able to do anything.

Simple. When the CC is activated, the module "resets" any switched relays and loses all power. Have the module be only positive trigger out where if a relay had been switched by the user (pulling the stalk for example) to make the module output +12V to a certain wire, as soon as the module loses power (CC activated), that wire automatically goes back to ground. I think it can be done.

no, there is no struggle. all of this is a walk in the park... TIME is the issue. I have none of it, nor does the EE.

This will be a micro controller - it can do whatever you want. It will know the status of that stalk and all its functions at any time. It will be able to react accordingly.

Archived