CasopoliS

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wait, I know what it is...

controls for lambo doors!

:lol:

Damn its out !!!!

I have worked with an electrical and computer sci. engineer to develop many devices where I work. One was a little grip that you open bottles with and it measures and records the amount of torque you used. You plug it in via USB... and while it charges over the USB power you can also configure many different settings, download torque data, empty memory, etc, etc. It fits in your shirt pocket. Currently marketing that. Very important in the packaging industry. So him and I are working on this and it will be a while (both schedules packed)... I am not sure what I want to make for the market, but I am going to first make what I want and then make a marketable product that makes sense.

I'm extremely interested! Everything these guys listed sounds pretty good.

Radio Controls = Volume up, Volume down, and track forward with cancel.

Radio Controls = best idea =)

they are what started my imagination.

my next project is to find a resistance to send to the HU to scroll through presets. I know the resistance for seek, but I would rather just scroll through my presets.

What about just a "black box" with wiring instructions about how to tap into the stalk controls & a net output from the box yielding 3 signals, selectable as +/- and constant/momentary. That would give ppl the option of doing basically anything they put their twisted little minds to (liquor dispenser, .50 cal guns).

You could also sell as an add-on seperate instructional packs for each common mod - radio controls, auto-close windows, maybe include relay assemblies if needed also. I'm in marketing so I think about all this crap obsessively.

What's gonna be funny about this mod is when ppl get accustomed to using the stalk for the new function, like radio controls. Then when in cruise control they'll instincively accelerate when they like the song...

It's been over a year since I had steering wheel radio controls, I STILL find myself shifting gears on the Subie steering wheel when I like the song playing (5EAT option)...:lol:

Regardless of how it comes out, good luck, I really admire your entreprenuerial spirit for taking on projects like this.

What about just a "black box" with wiring instructions about how to tap into the stalk controls & a net output from the box yielding 3 signals, selectable as +/- and constant/momentary. That would give ppl the option of doing basically anything they put their twisted little minds to (liquor dispenser, .50 cal guns).

You could also sell as an add-on seperate instructional packs for each common mod - radio controls, auto-close windows, maybe include relay assemblies if needed also. I'm in marketing so I think about all this crap obsessively.

What's gonna be funny about this mod is when ppl get accustomed to using the stalk for the new function, like radio controls. Then when in cruise control they'll instincively accelerate when they like the song...

It's been over a year since I had steering wheel radio controls, I STILL find myself shifting gears on the Subie steering wheel when I like the song playing (5EAT option)...:lol:

Regardless of how it comes out, good luck, I really admire your entreprenuerial spirit for taking on projects like this.

Lets just say you and I think alike. VERY MUCH SO.

... be on the lookout people. It might be a while... but be on the lookout.

Create a small LCD Cubby display that is hooked to the ECU. This controls what the cubby displays, boost, EGT, etc...

Ted

you are getting very close to the setup I will have in my car

damn you guys are too good. I should have this thread closed so nobody steals my idea.

I have it all on dated paper :icon_wink

you are getting very close to the setup I will have in my car

:D

So, have up or down scroll through options on said LCD panel, and have "cancel" trigger a 10 second spray on an IC sprayer...

I personally would want an LCD panel that takes up about 1 inch vertically, and the entire width horizontally...

Ted

:spin:

Well first I am making what I want, then converting that to a sellable and practical product. Not everyone will like what I want, and not everything you want is feasible.

More than likely I will not offer the LCD, but just a black box that give the joystick a few more functions. Different models could be purchased that do different things that are related. That is all I want to handle at this point... sorry.

It can be smart enough to detect quick clicks and long clicks, which adds more functionality. Like pulling the lever and releasing vs pulling the lever and holding for 1 second.

I am working on my car first that is for sure.

Is it possible to create a fuel-cut switch, where if you turn the stick to a certain position after shutting off ignition, the car won't start even w/the proper key. Would-be thieves would never think of the cc stick as a theft-deterrant!!

I've had a fuel-cut switch installed and hidden somewhere in all my cars, and am planning to do it to the LGT as well.

Cas,

I know my cousin had a black box for his CC switches to run his audio system. They worked the audio from 0-35MPH then defaulted to CC.

if he hit a momentary switch, the Audio functions were turned on.

PGT also knows about the Sable. He also may have done some work on it to give you some pointers.

Todd

Vir Est Fatum Ut Perficio Concepta Suus Progenies. - Man is destined to fulfill the capacity of his lineage (i.e. Darwinism):rolleyes:

I like Mr. Smith Idea, about the CS control.

A Transbreak would also be a good Idea. Or have it so the accel function controls the throttle. like the gas pedal.

pushing down turns the box on/off, up revs the engine, middle is a transbrake.

Click

Here everyday:redface:

How about controlling front mounted strobes that would make the tool doing 50mph in the fast lane have an epileptic seizure? Just a thought..........

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

Archived