LegacyGT.com

Purchasing a new car....is modding important even then?

Purchasing a new vehicle.....modding a concern?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Purchasing a new vehicle.....modding a concern?

• No.......I buy the car brand new, might get a extended warranty....never a thought of modding .
    • Maybe....Yea.....I'll put a mod or 2 on the car but nothing that could cause me warranty issues.
    • Yes.....Start to mod as soon as the car is purchased.
    • Mod Degenerate.....start to purchase mods before the new car is even purchased.

for my personal car & not wifeys(she gets what she wants) yes, i would at least look into mods before buying.

but probably like most, never knew the amount of mods available till this site!! & as alot of ppl say 'ill only go stage 2, thats good enough'......... right

My car was modded before it left the dealers lot:lol:

They switched over the stock wheels and tires(which I kept for my winter setup) and put on my STi wheels and tires.

Next day the DRLs were gone ,K&N panel filter installed.

And after that etc etc etc :lol:

Apparently we have quite a few "warranty worshippers" here.

I'm not going to deprive myself of 5 years of enjoyment just so I don't void the warranty. I did a few light mods to start with and the car didn't fall apart so I can safely assume it's not going to do so for the forseeable future.

That means I can mod anything I want. If I break it, I fix it. Subaru shouldn't be expected to provide me a safety net in case I screw up.

Right now, the mods are limited only by the budget :D

New wheels(or slightly used from my mazda that I traded in for my subaru) installed at 50 miles,

1009 miles AP stage 1

1128 miles custom stereo

I long for stage 2 and will do some more cosmetic mods but I would like to get a little deeper into my warranty first just to make sure all is nice and strong.

For me it's more of a financial constraint than anything else. I spent all of my money buying this car..... and a mortgage on my house...

Amen my brother! :D Be careful though... this site will teach you ways to get good deals from enthusiasts/friends and reasoning will drift from reality, which at that point, you've officially been bit by the Mod bug. :lol:

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Amen my brother! :D Be careful though... this site will teach you ways to get good deals from enthusiasts/friends and reasoning will drift from reality, which at that point, you've officially been bit by the Mod bug. :lol:

:stupid:

When I bought my car I had NO plans on modding it...then after a few months I decided that I wanted better tires. After I got new tires, and having been on this site too much I decided to try out this Access Port thing (I could always go back to stock), and that the car would look much better debadged, and with out the USDM grill...and it went down hill from there...quickly...

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

Guest *Jedimaster*
WHen i purchased the vehicle I didnt plan on modding it -- It wasnt until I found this site and realized what mods where out there that I decided to mod it.

I dont think i'll do much modding on future cars though -- too expensive.

You say that now.... :lol:

I didn't plan to mod this one either- now that it's paid off including mods, I'm rpetty happy with it- might do brakes or suspension eventually. It's nice to feel that the car is basically the way I want it- now I can concentrate on getting myself a copy of Amazing Fantasy 15 :)

Archived