LegacyGT.com

Valeo Ultimate or Bosch Icon wipers in snow?

pdw

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have had the Valeo's and love them. I'm about to enter my second winter. I have a second set on the shelf but I don't think I will need them yet. I have only one complaint. Since I have a wagon, I hate the stock one in back. Valeo doesn't make anything that small. Any suggestions?

I'm about to enter my second winter. I have a second set on the shelf but I don't think I will need them yet.

I've had the same set on my Forester for 1.5 years now (plus ~2 years when they were installed on my old STi), and they're still working well. :)

-Mike-

• 2 weeks later...
I have had the Valeo's and love them. I'm about to enter my second winter. I have a second set on the shelf but I don't think I will need them yet. I have only one complaint. Since I have a wagon, I hate the stock one in back. Valeo doesn't make anything that small. Any suggestions?

get the piaa's for the R.

Steps

1.) Buy 2 Bulk packs of dynamat extreme

2.) Take out everything, rear seat-gone, door panels-gone, trunk floor-gone, trunk lid dressing-gone, trunk side dressing-gone, rear deck-gone, A and C-pillar Airbags in there I left it be, B-pillar-gone.

3.) Plaster everything with dynamat

4.) Put everything back in.

See vacation pix for full instructions on how to do the above.

I would go into it, but its really silly. You use the service manual to remove everything, then just go ape shit with the dynamat, and put everything back.

It will add about 50lbs to the car weight. But oh yes, full CBE (greddy evo2 with no cats) and its sooooooooo much better than before.

• 2 weeks later...
I got in on the Tirerack 2 for 1 deal too. Got a set for the LGT and for the A4 along with Aquapel. Installed the wipers today and did the aquapel application...now I just need some rain or snow to test them out. Hopefully some snow, but only after I have a chance to have my M3's installed.

Crap, they sell Aquapel on the tirerack website? I should have ordered some of that too then as I don't know where to get that here.

CRAP is right :(. Just went and ordered that as well. just have to pay shipping charges twice now. Sucks to be me.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

From what I have read here and on other forums, Aquapel is a much better version of Rain-X. It is suppsoed to work better and last longer. I figured I would give it a shot with teh new wipers. I applied it on the LGT first and noticed some haze but I think that was due to teh shop paper towels I used. I went back out today with a microfiber cloth and I think I was able to buff it out and the application on the Audi looked fine.

Archived