LegacyGT.com

Valeo Ultimate or Bosch Icon wipers in snow?

pdw

From what I have read here and on other forums, Aquapel is a much better version of Rain-X. It is suppsoed to work better and last longer. I figured I would give it a shot with teh new wipers. I applied it on the LGT first and noticed some haze but I think that was due to teh shop paper towels I used. I went back out today with a microfiber cloth and I think I was able to buff it out and the application on the Audi looked fine.

1) Aquapel much much better then Rain-X

2) Mycro-fibre towel FTW when applying

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I get about 60" of rain a year and have used rainx in the past and have not been as happy with it lately. My dad got the aqualpel applied to his car a couple of months ago, and went though a small rain shower and was extreamly impressed with it. He had a VW tourag which comes with these blades stock and it was really impressive.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

OK...got a chacne to test both this morning. The valeo wipers are really good and really quiet but I only had to use them under 45mph or if I was getting too close to someone in front of me. Otherwise teh aquapel just kept the water streaming off the windshield. This morning it was a light rain so it might be different with a downpour but so far I am really happy with these purchases.

Well the wife had a different experience with the Aquapel and Valeo wipers. She had no problem seeing, the aquapel is beading up nice but the valeo's are chattering a bit. Not sure if it is an issue with the wiper, arm or coating???I'll have to play with it tomorrow when the rain stops...any ideas?

My dad had that issue and VW had Valeo warrant them because they found that the steel band didn't have enough pressure to give proper coverage.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Well the wife had a different experience with the Aquapel and Valeo wipers. She had no problem seeing, the aquapel is beading up nice but the valeo's are chattering a bit. Not sure if it is an issue with the wiper, arm or coating???I'll have to play with it tomorrow when the rain stops...any ideas?

you might want to take a glass polish and really clean the window, if its chattering there is someting its sliding on, something like a silicon. I would suggest No Touch auto glass stripper by permatex. You can find it as ace hardware.

I love my car ... basically.

• 3 weeks later...
Was out in the snow today, and while I am sure this is common to all wipers, the Valeos seemed to pack the snow down into the cowl and then smear it back up severely limiting visibility on the upstroke. Snow and Ice built up around where the wiper arm holds the blade on as well. I had to find a service station so I could wipe the snow away...

Oh, and another thing bugging me is our terribly large bumper.. all the snow piles up on top of that and doesn't slide off, blocking the headlights.

I don't understand why car manufacturers don't put more thought into things like this.

Two winters on mine and never noticed the problem you have had. I know the odd day when it is snowing and wet no windshield wiper works perfect.

Archived