LegacyGT.com

What is a 2005.5 Legacy GT??

There is no official 2005.5 model Legacy. However, Subaru did make some mid-year changes to the USDM 2005 Legacy ECU code.

Some tuners refer to the later 2005 models as a 2005.5 so that they can differentiate between the two ECU codes (say, for an Accessport tune).

Hope this helps.

Yeah, I just installed the AP and I am getting check engine light and flashing cruise.

I read that maybe to solve the issue I have to put the AP map for 2005.5 Legacy

and was wandering what it means...thanks for the comprehensive answers

• 10 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but is there a way to tell, like your VIN or a way to find the production date? I'm not sure if I'm 2005 or 2005.5.. I assume the AP reads the difference when you install. I've installed stage 1, but can't remember, or didn't notice at the time..

Thanks

All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

Check the sticker on the drivers door of your car. This will tell you what month and year your car was manufactured. I don't remember the cut off date, but I'm sure you can search for it. example mine was manufactured 07/04.
Let's kick this pig!

Sedan with VIN of 5*209728 or higher, wagon with VIN of 5*325777 or higher, either with a build date of Aug 2, 2004 or later.

Subaru Service Bulletin

Problem was with unmarrying an AccessPort from an '05 5EAT model that was affected by a running change Subaru made and that Cobb was not initially aware of. Unmarrying from an affected vehicle resulted in an P1446 error code. Thus, the birth of the 2005.5 AP to handle the change and eliminate the code thrown when a 2005 AP didn't see the sensor that no longer existed.

Sedan with VIN of 5*209728 or higher, wagon with VIN of 5*325777 or higher, either with a build date of Aug 2, 2004 or later.

Subaru Service Bulletin

Problem was with unmarrying an AccessPort from an '05 5EAT model that was affected by a running change Subaru made and that Cobb was not initially aware of. Unmarrying from an affected vehicle resulted in an P1446 error code. Thus, the birth of the 2005.5 AP to handle the change and eliminate the code thrown when a 2005 AP didn't see the sensor that no longer existed.

Thank you!

All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

• 3 months later...
so the issue only arrises when unmarrying the ap? Because I have never had any problems otherwise. Guess I should send my ap to cobb for the update as I do have a .5 model.

Yes.

When you unmarry (divorce?) the AP it flashes back a stock map. The problem was that until Cobb became aware of Subaru's running change during the '05 model year and came out with the 05.5 AP, the '05 AP would flash back a map that looked for a sensor that didn't exist, so a CEL would get triggered.

With the new version AP, when you marry it to your car, it stores an actual copy of the stock map that's in your ECU so when you unmarry it restores that specific map that was originally on your car. This is an improvement over the old AP as that one just flashed back a "generic" stock map that was already stored in the AP when it shipped from Cobb.

Actually, you can do it at your house without sending to cobb. Call them and talk to Parker. He'll send you the .zip file and instructions to do it at your house but you do need to un-marry it first and download the 2005.5 maps from their site as you won't be able to use the soo5 maps anymore and in cases like mine, need TDC to send me the 05.5 version of the 05 map I have.

Actually, you can do it at your house without sending to cobb. Call them and talk to Parker. He'll send you the .zip file and instructions to do it at your house but you do need to un-marry it first and download the 2005.5 maps from their site as you won't be able to use the soo5 maps anymore and in cases like mine, need TDC to send me the 05.5 version of the 05 map I have.

Thanks guys. I will have to call them then. I don't want to deal with this down the road. I have an og v1 ap :)

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Hmm. I have a 2005.5 AP and for some reason my ECU will never let me flash the realtime map. Only the base map flashes :(

Maybe I should be using a 2005 AP.

I think my vin is 5*213895

Archived