LegacyGT.com

Best Wax to Use

It just depends on what your goal is. In the summer I use Wolfgang because I haven't found anything that I like better for appearance. Sure Zaino and Four Star and Klasse and all those look great, but when it comes down to my personal preference I think Wolfgang is the shiznit.

Now, when it gets closer to winter I will strip the WG off and throw on three or four layers of Klasse so that I know the surface is protected. I don't mind reapplying WG to the car every other month or so when the weather is nice, but when it is ten below zero I really would rather that my car be protected and not feel like I'm doing damage. I can throw a coat of S100 on it when we have a nice day, but other than that I just let the Klasse do it's work. It is an acrylic sealant and simply more durable than polymer sealants. Different products for different purposes....

For me durability isn't my number one concern in the summer. I am all about appearance. Who cares if product XYZ will last for ten years without reapplying? I'm going for points for shine and depth. Typically you sacrifice looks when you go for durability. It is stuff like that you need to consider when you choose a product. I've actually got a pretty good thread around here somewhere on why sealants typically are better than waxes in most cases. It is a good argument to support that claim at any rate. ;)

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Wolfgang:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/OCDetails/DSC01913.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/OCDetails/DSC02663.jpg

Klasse:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b182/OCDetails2/liberty8.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b182/OCDetails2/backgood.jpg

Klasse is more of a 'polished rock' looking shine that, while not really that bad looking, needs a wax coat on top to sort of warm it up. It is awesome protection, but you don't get the wet depth reflections like you do with some other sealants.

OCDETAILS BLOG

You're right OC. I do top it off with s100 (summer) or Duragloss Aquawax (winter).

Have you ever heard of Jeffswerkstatt? Its an acrylic like Klasse but apparently with better pop. I may try that as a topper one day ;)

The Klasse Sealant Glaze is VERY durable. I have had water still beading on my car up to a full year after applying 1 coat of the AIO and 2 coats of SG. If you have a dark or red car you may want to apply some PS12 wax over the top to give it extra depth becasue it doesn't really give you that "wet" look like a carnuba wax does. One drawback is the SG is hard to apply because it drys very hard. The key is to apply extremely thin coats and use a little bit of Klasse compatible detailing spray to help get off the residue. I think some people have come up with a technique of applying it dilluted in a spray bottle with some success.

Like everyone else has said listen to OCDetails and get Wolfgang. I did and 5 months after 1 application the water beads better then any other wax I have ever seen and looks brand new. Its like a mirror every time I wash. I used zaino before and it didn't even come close. Wolfgang is the best I have every used by a long long shot.

I had to polish up our old work van. I went to an auto body supply shop and they gave me some 3M "Perfect-It Show Car Wax," to use after the rubbing compound. It is a cleaner wax and does a nice job.

I've also used Collinite Carnauba boat wax on my boat. I think the newer formulations are glossier and more durable.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

I absolutely hate removing klassse sg. I just put on a layer today and tommorow I know I have my freaking work cut out for me. I swear I never get it all either.

Klasse AIO is good, but I also hate(d) using the SG. Tried it once, and never again. The results were not worth the effort.

I've since switched to the Menzerna line of products. These are by far the easiest to apply and remove. FP2 and FMJ require literally zero effort to buff off. Good stuff.'

Like Wolfgang, it does last a long time. So far, it has been maybe 3 months and the water beads just like with a fresh waxing.

I just applied klasse last night and freaking today it decides to shower just a tiny bit!!! I guess I was near 24 hours though so I guess I should be happy.

weather.com is your friend. I always look at the radar before I wash a car or paint something outside.

It is still ugly.

I absolutely hate removing klassse sg. I just put on a layer today and tommorow I know I have my freaking work cut out for me. I swear I never get it all either.

I hear you there.... I'm in the same boat, but I found a good method for removing it. Winters suck around here and Klasse is the only thing I have used that will last. So since I am stuck using it, what I do is apply it and wait for about 45 minutes before buffing it off. Then in one hand I use a damp microfiber towel and in the other I use a dry one to clean up the streaks. It doesn't buff off as easily as Wolfgang, but this method is by far the easiest I have found for removing Klasse SG. I just work one panel at a time and it seems to do the trick.

OCDETAILS BLOG

well i personally love gold class with 3m hand glaze layed down first wax over top damn makes black look good. U can put synethic wax first than carbuna wax 2ed. also i have heard that wax takes layers off but some dont have any abrasive characthers to them. pinnacle wax sourven is one that is made to be layed.

All paste waxes can be layered. It is the liquid ones that you want to look out for. The solvent content in a liquid wax pretty much keeps you from being able to layer it. One layer just removes the other, so all you end up with is one fresh coat.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived