LegacyGT.com

Best Wax to Use

Dealer kept on trying to sell me Simoniz for $400 and there was no way I'd pay that for a wax job (or I'd be getting waxed in more than one way). What are some good products for a decent wax job? Turtle wax just doesn't seem to cut it (water spots appear after a day which sucks...).

Zach

Be nice you 12K poster jedi.... ;)

Cheap wax/sealant of the shelf, try Meguire's NXT. Better products can be had from online vendors. These include, Klasse and Wolfgang. Check out ocdetails.com for more info.

Cheap wax/sealant of the shelf, try Meguire's NXT.

+ 1

Try this before you try the expensive ones - I've been extremely impressed. The liquid is extremely easy to apply and lasts way longer than any other OTC product I've ever used.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

+ 1

Try this before you try the expensive ones - I've been extremely impressed. The liquid is extremely easy to apply and lasts way longer than any other OTC product I've ever used.

+1

Also you dont have to layer the wax, because it has minor abrasive in the wax. So if you keep topping then you'll just be rubbing the previous layer.

(Credit from OCD)

+1 for OCD's advice: clay plus nxt for the po' man's shine :icon_mrgr . the nxt does last longer than other otc stuff i've used, too.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e285/flappyleaf/IMG_0216noplate.jpg

i do wanna try the wolfgang tho.

clay it, Klasse seal it, S100 it.

+1 Best damn combo I have ever seen and used. And for the winter (Nor' east guys) use Collinite 845 instead of S100, UNREAL durability.

P21s is the same as s100. S100 is just cheaper and you can get it at your Harley Davidson store. Shhhhhh keep it a secret ;)

If you really want to know what the best wax is check out a detailing ONLY forum like http://www.autopia-carcare.com/ , some very knowledgeable detailers on there.

Wolfgang is great looking but it doesn't last as long as some of the better sealants out there like Klasse or Jeffswerkstatt. If you clean your car often (every other week or more) then go with Wolfgang.

If you really want to know what the best wax is check out a detailing ONLY forum like http://www.autopia-carcare.com/ , some very knowledgeable detailers on there.

Wolfgang is great looking but it doesn't last as long as some of the better sealants out there like Klasse or Jeffswerkstatt. If you clean your car often (every other week or more) then go with Wolfgang.

I wash my car every 3-4 weeks. Used Wolfgang...still looks like i just did it and its been over 6 months. (I'm due again)

What are the costs of those other brands?

I got all this for under $100 (retails at $100, but I got 10% off using passcode "legacy" at....I think it was premiumauto.com....don't remember though)

Autobath

Clay bar and lube

Polish

Sealent

Detail Spray

Applicator

Two Microfiber Towels

Yeah, Wolfgang lasts pretty long...around 12 weeks (stretching it). I usually wash my car 4-6 weeks, and everytime I finish with Wolfgang, so there is always protection on the car.

But in all honesty...I haven't tried Klasse...so I don't know about that. I will have to take a look at it when my bottle of Wolfgang runs out, but with Wolfgang you can apply it using a PC, can you do the same with Klasse?

Yeah, Wolfgang lasts pretty long...around 12 weeks (stretching it). I usually wash my car 4-6 weeks, and everytime I finish with Wolfgang, so there is always protection on the car.

yep...at least 12 weeks. bugs and poop still come right off my car with ease.

i think P21s and S100 are like 3-4 weeks max.

Some people are getting up to 5 months on the Klasse twins. A lot of people are going through a Northern winter with Klasse Twins and a layer of Collinite 845 wax. I will be trying this combo this winter.

If all you get is acid rain and sun then Wolfgang is a really good product but if you get a chance try some Klasse. Try the red bottle and top it with Wolfgang.

All these products cost about the same. Ranging from $15-20 before shipping for their standard bottles.

Archived