LegacyGT.com

SPT Exhaust Replacements

GMoney

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
is it really...what are you comparing it to?

I guess I was wanting it for free.:lol:

The SSAuto (XOX?>)prices have spoiled me.

They even make clone-headers for my Buick Grand National.

Only a matter of time before they copy this.

I see they have a straight thru design cat-back, but it'd be too loud for everyday use, for me.

I like my cheap headers and exhaust for my other Suby from SSAuto.

I'm happy with the quality of th3 SPT cold air kit. Perfect, except I had to grind my MAF mounting holes to line up with the intake pipe holes. (boo -1)

Scott

What are your other mods to the car?

I ask this because my Borla sounded VERY similar before I added the downpipe. After the downpipe it was louder for sure.

If you are local to Liberty I would like to meet up with you and compare cars. I guess we could do the community a favor and make a video with both of our cars for comparison (although my exhaust is expected to get smoother after my header gets installed tomorrow).

Well let me just say I put it on last night after work, takes about 20 minutes with a lift.... Let me just say this is what a Subaru is supposed to sound like! DEEP! Not loud or obnoxious just deep, at idle its quite. At WOT its music to my ears and just an FYI i have Cobb up/down and its really nice. Once I put my header on I'm curious as to how it will sound, granted the header has been sitting in my garage for about 2 months...lol... When sitting reving the motor(not driving) there is alot of backfire I noticed, maybe it just needs to break in... But then again your not supposed to be sitting in the car reving to 6k over and over.....

So far if I had rate it from 1-10 I would give it a strong 8.... Why not a 10? Because it is really "BLingy" when you look at it from the rear of the car, someone suggested it would have been nice if they were black mufflers with chrome exhaust tips-they were right, that would have looked really nice. It screams look at me I'm shiny Mr. Officer! But I do love it...lol...

tHe HoV

Well let me just say I put it on last night after work, takes about 20 minutes with a lift.... Let me just say this is what a Subaru is supposed to sound like! DEEP! Not loud or obnoxious just deep, at idle its quite. At WOT its music to my ears and just an FYI i have Cobb up/down and its really nice. Once I put my header on I'm curious as to how it will sound, granted the header has been sitting in my garage for about 2 months...lol... When sitting reving the motor(not driving) there is alot of backfire I noticed, maybe it just needs to break in... But then again your not supposed to be sitting in the car reving to 6k over and over.....

So far if I had rate it from 1-10 I would give it a strong 8.... Why not a 10? Because it is really "BLingy" when you look at it from the rear of the car, someone suggested it would have been nice if they were black mufflers with chrome exhaust tips-they were right, that would have looked really nice. It screams look at me I'm shiny Mr. Officer! But I do love it...lol...

I need to hear YOUR sound clip. Any chance of getting one?

What are your other mods to the car?

I ask this because my Borla sounded VERY similar before I added the downpipe. After the downpipe it was louder for sure.

If you are local to Liberty I would like to meet up with you and compare cars. I guess we could do the community a favor and make a video with both of our cars for comparison (although my exhaust is expected to get smoother after my header gets installed tomorrow).

I am indeed local to Liberty, I live in the same town. It's 3min. from my house. Let me know if you want to get together.

As far as other mods, only a K&N panel filter into the stock air box is a performance mod. Evertying else is cosmetic. I haven't heard great things about the SPT intake being that much better than the stock box so I just chose to stay with the stock intake and replace the filter.

ok...oradell meet tomorrow afternoon - who's in?:icon_mrgr

If I finish the 2 cars I'm working on tomorrow (one is mine) I am seriously down for this. Especially since it's going to be nice out. I guess if someone's serious start PM'ing people as to not distract this thread too much?

this thread is about the exhaust...same s the meet...

wizz is probably out with some young bishes - so i'll wait til he gets up and read s the thread

LOL. I was out with my wife actually. I'm down for a quick meet today if you guys wanna' check out the SPT. As long as I'm back home for the GIANTS/EAGLES 4pm game. 1PM in the Charlie Brown's parking lot just past Liberty Subaru?

I'll check this thread and PM's around 11:30-Noon for an update.

Well, I'm gonna' de-badge in my garage since I haven't heard anything yet.

Oh yea, Hovied makes a good point. I think the exhaust is indeed very easily noticed. I know some like that. I'm still OK with it because the Borla I had on my WRX was not as "bling" but was a lot louder. Now, the SPT on the Legacy is a little more noticed but it doesn't sound as much like a motor-boat as my WRX Borla did. Perhaps the Borla looks with this sound is the 10 out of 10.

• 2 weeks later...

the price is not bad...just waiting to hear back from wizz with free time...

my dilemma -

1. this and the check for 7 beans I just thru in the bank makes nicey nice

2. cobb springs

3. maxim (sp?) wheels ...129.99

4. maybe 2+3

5. snows

6. snows+wheels

7. i am a crackwhore and living beyond my means ...BISHES!!!!:icon_mrgr

Archived