LegacyGT.com

SPT Exhaust Replacements

GMoney

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because it is really "BLingy" when you look at it from the rear of the car, someone suggested it would have been nice if they were black mufflers with chrome exhaust tips-they were right, that would have looked really nice.

How would one go about this? Guessing you'd have to sandblast the mufflers, prime, then paint?

Yeah, I was thinking about painting the cans black as well. Although on wagon they are probably not as much noticeable as on a sedan, due to the longer bumper.

OK, so anyone still want to meet up at some point to hear this in person? Let me know, we'll try to set something up.

wizz-

still very interested! i thought you just up and disappeared?!? i am around whenever, as of now, i am out of work indefinitely. give me a shout.

Just wanted to send a quick note:

I got my SPT exhaust today. It will be installed tomorrow. Intial impressions: it's big. It was delivered to my friend's place. When he pulled up with it in his car, I thought "why does he have a streetlamp inside his car". It looks to be very well made.

I'll post an update afer it gets installed (tomorrow). :)

BTW - I thought you might find the note that comes with the exhaust interesting:

"Important information regarding your SOA3881110 05-07 Legacy 2.5GT sedan SPT catback exhaust:

This exhaust system complies with industry noise standards issued by the Society of Automotive Engineers. You should ensure that it also complies with any state or local noise regulations that may exist in your area."

Hmmmmm.... ;)

BTW - I thought you might find the note that comes with the exhaust interesting:

"Important information regarding your SOA3881110 05-07 Legacy 2.5GT sedan SPT catback exhaust:

This exhaust system complies with industry noise standards issued by the Society of Automotive Engineers. You should ensure that it also complies with any state or local noise regulations that may exist in your area."

Hmmmmm.... ;)

Well, WRX STI stock exhaust is for sure compliant, too, yet there are many stories of asshole cops handing out tickets for the stock exhaust on the STI begin too loud. There was some thread on a cop forum some time ago. I'll try to google it later, it was pretty disturbing to read posts from "serving and protecting".

• 5 weeks later...

hotsubarus.com (subaru of Dallas) used to do free shipping on holidays. that could save you some cash...plus if your out of state...no taxes.

maybe a dealership could be convinced to buy a good number of them to offer to legacygt.com members at a group buy rate? dealer cost is around $750....employee (dealership) price is about $825.

Archived