LegacyGT.com

SPT Exhaust Replacements

GMoney

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone know if when they will have this for the Outback XT?

All you'd need to do is cut the tips off!! :lol: :lol: ;)

I guess you could cut holes in your bumper instead. :D

Then again, they aren't even making these for wagons so you're really out of luck!! :lol:

Cheers!

-Ian

Ok ladys and germs. The replacement exhaust is going on tommorrow. The muffler shop said the hangers were of, they did not want to touch. I will fill you in later. I did buy the STI Ehaust hangers. they are nicer than the Kartboys. I will use a least on one on the mid pipe, that sucker is a big old bazooka.

I'm so glad I saw this thread. They wouldn'y give me a price on the exhaust at the dealership. I got so caught up in asking for the price on the exhaust, that I forgot to ask them for a price on labor! :) Does anyone know the standard in labor for this type of install? I think I am going to do the Power Pack which includes this exhaust and the short ram intake. The 30hp gain is plenty for me and I'm really just interested in a better tone. I can't even hear my turbo spool up ever! It's so dang quiet. Well, thanks again for this thread... it made my day!

I'm so glad I saw this thread. They wouldn'y give me a price on the exhaust at the dealership. I got so caught up in asking for the price on the exhaust, that I forgot to ask them for a price on labor! :) Does anyone know the standard in labor for this type of install? I think I am going to do the Power Pack which includes this exhaust and the short ram intake. The 30hp gain is plenty for me and I'm really just interested in a better tone. I can't even hear my turbo spool up ever! It's so dang quiet. Well, thanks again for this thread... it made my day!

Don't fall for it. You will not get the "30hp" claimed. The intake has been shown to actually produce less power than the stock intake.

Also, many say the intake is annoying. If you want more sound pick up a Perrin or AVO drop in air filter. You'll pick up the intake sound and the ppffttt from the BOV. But it will be more subtle than an intake. If your hung up on an intake, get the K&N typhoon. Tuners have luck with this...most tuners will not touch the SPT intake as it is too hard to get an accurate tune.

Your better off picking up the Cobb AP for $645-$700 (new model) and running stage 1. You'll be at about 285hp just by changing the computer mapping.

I have the spt intake, and see no way that it would drop power. Smoother intake, larger area for air to come it, and I have the heat shield. I have read those claims, but respectully disagree. The maf can still read the amount of air coming in, they want you to believe it can't, but the tolerances are fine with it. Now, I saw a bigger increase adding the k&n to my avalanche, but it is n/a so that plays a difference.

Don't fall for it. You will not get the "30hp" claimed. The intake has been shown to actually produce less power than the stock intake.

Also, many say the intake is annoying. If you want more sound pick up a Perrin or AVO drop in air filter. You'll pick up the intake sound and the ppffttt from the BOV. But it will be more subtle than an intake. If your hung up on an intake, get the K&N typhoon. Tuners have luck with this...most tuners will not touch the SPT intake as it is too hard to get an accurate tune.

Your better off picking up the Cobb AP for $645-$700 (new model) and running stage 1. You'll be at about 285hp just by changing the computer mapping.

Well, not to say the same worry that everyone says... but I do worry about the warrenty. I realize that I can just pop he stock intake back on before I go to he dealership, but the exhaust would be more tricky! :) Also, I do plan on getting the AP as soon as I can. As far as the K&N typhoon, I have to agree that I've heard more positive reviews for it than any other intake system. Thanks for the info!

I have read those before I bought it, and am not going off of my butt dyno. Just off of my research and experience, and personal knowledge in the job that I do. I don't trust dyno #'s as I feel they are skewed and can be manipulated. Also it is hard to get a good run with our cars. Again though, this is my opinion, I like you, are entitled to it.

I have read those before I bought it, and am not going off of my butt dyno. Just off of my research and experience, and personal knowledge in the job that I do. I don't trust dyno #'s as I feel they are skewed and can be manipulated. Also it is hard to get a good run with our cars. Again though, this is my opinion, I like you, are entitled to it.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't questioning your opinion, just clarifying what "claims" your were referring to. If you're happy with the performance of the SPT intake on your car, that's an excellent end result.

ignore him, he'll go away.

Get the STI Harden Hangers. They work better than Kartboy.

Did you have the Legacy-specific Kartboy hangers? Because I have the Kartboys on my (2nd gen.) Bosal/SPT exhaust, and they work perfectly fine. So, why would the STi ones work "better?" :icon_conf

-Mike-

I just got a quote on the SPT cat-back from my dealer. They said $875 and $135 to install. It looks nice, does anyone have sound clips installed? My main concern is droan in the cabin on the highway. Otherwise, I think for a non-viod warranty and a nice looking setup, this might be the way to go for me.

Archived