LegacyGT.com

NY Giants thread

coxx

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
good luck. Hopefully you guys stop cheatin with the pumped in sound & we beat the piss outta you.
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

they need to run the no-huddle & those 2 min drills the whole game
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

good christ, that was a circus of crap. Yet again more fourth quarter heroics, but too little, waaaaay too late.

I dunno what it was this week (full moon?) but there were a lot of games that were even more rediculous than this one.

And I don't know where Ernie Acorsi got the whole 'pumping in sound' thing, but I understand his frustration. It was damn loud in there.

The Dude - Two inches and counting...:lol:

I don't know where Ernie Acorsi got the whole 'pumping in sound' thing, but I understand his frustration. It was damn loud in there.

that stadium was designed like a bandshell, like for concert acoustics or something. That's why it's so loud there I think

that game was SHITE!

comeback??? - that was not a comeback, i think the hawks got tired of dragging their asses up and down the field. i have been watching big blue for a long time, and while that game may no thave been their biggest letdown, It was up there FOR SURE!

[/$.02]

it was crap. They really look terrible. If they lose after the bye like they always do I think they've got slim chances of making the playoffs. I didn't really expect them to beat seattle but I thought they had a shot against indy. Now they HAVE to win the games they should

that stadium was designed like a bandshell, like for concert acoustics or something. That's why it's so loud there I think

Ok, I'll leave the game alone as I don't need to be a sore winner and it was probably the worst effort I've seen that team put out in awhile. I DO however want to discuss this stadium thing with you all... :)

The "pumping sound" statement was probably one of the DUMBEST things to say/leak before an away game at the loudest open stadium in the NFL. Do it before you play against the team on yer own turf, not when you're going into their backyard. As for how the fans felt? It felt like NY in Seattle, honestly. Our fans are usually the hyped-up-happy people but they were just pissed pregame. :D Everyone had this little chip on their shoulder, a kind of "We're gonna F'n show them what crowd noise is." :eek: It worked. As for the staduim, you are correct coxx. Here's a snipet from Wikipedia about how the stadium was designed:

"Paul Allen (the OTHER Microsoft guy. :)) was intimately involved in the stadium design. He rejected plans for a retractable roof, and directed the architects to minimize the stadium footprint as much as possible to bring fans closer to the action. Also, he had the architects design the structure of the stadium, especially the roof, to direct as much crowd noise as possible on the field. Qwest Field has since earned a reputation as arguably the loudest stadium in the NFL. During the 2005 season, more penalties for false starts were called against visiting teams in Qwest Field than in any other NFL stadium."

Fans didn't want to lose the Kingdome intamacy or noise level so that was Allen's number one goal. Make it loud. So, hopefully this puts to rest the "pumping noise" theory. :)

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

P.S. Allen also spent several million remodeling this theater in Seattle. It's one of only a few still around to be able to show 70mm 3 camera films and regular movie releases. It's one screen but man is it sweet. :D It also has all the latest sound technologies that really make you feel imersed in the film. Projecting sound correctly is a hobby for Allen I guess. :)
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

• 4 weeks later...
Tiki is retiring

Stupid Jets fan - stop spreading such rumors, you bastard! :nono:

:lol: It figures that he announces his retirement after a 185-yard rushing game, and while being tops in the league in rushing yards. At least he said that its "not 100% certain". Thank god for that.

he's gotta play at least 1 more season. I dunno what he's talkin about. Sounds like he wants to be Geraldo Rivera or something. with his journalism crap.

I <3 Tiki :wub::lol:

Lets go big blue!!!! This is a HUGE game tonight. They've got the talent to win. Let's hope they dont F it up

^^^No kidding. Battle for tops in the division, LETS GO GIANTS!!!!

Was anybody at the Meadowlands when T.O. was there with the Eagles? I remember one guy parked a cherrypicker in the parking lot with the bucket extended. Hanging from the bucket was an effege (sp?) of T.O. :lol:

Archived