LegacyGT.com

Problem with my car after washing it.

Oh and I installed an intercooler on my car just to make sure you guys were full of it... I was right... soapy water does NOTHING!

You seem like the guy who if a kid hit a ball in your yard you'd keep it:icon_roll

And I just checked also,your not on the plaintiff list so buzz off.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If your water is hard, perhaps you're playing with it just a bit more than you should.

You have to much time/water on your hands :lol:

I don't even get why any of you think this is funny...

The forums are SUPPOSED to be a place for people with little or no knowledge to get informed.

To whoever is left confused by all these posts...

These guys are all bored losers who at one point where made to feel stupid by someone else for not knowing something that they would have NO reason to know... SO now they're all trying to act smart and funny by trying (and not well I might add) to convince EVERYONE that if you get soapy water on the IC it will damage the car.

I believe it all started from an early post where someone was genuinely concerned about getting soapy water on his engine/intercooler.

Wash you cars as normal... dont' come here looking for constructive or intelligent answers.

Dude lighten up, why do people always feel the need to rain on a parade and be a buzzkill. Yes its stuipid, yes its immature, and yes this is a forum for learning, but it is also entertainment. If going on like this helps someone get through the day a little easier then its worth it. Its a stupid little joke and it will probably go on for a long time, and how many other jokes like this on the web? Look at the guy that ran his SRT-4 for 5 minutes with the oil filter off because he could not get the drain plug out?

The concern that brought about this joke was valid, maybe he was a bit paranoid in thinking that way but his car his his baby and his investment and he just wanted to protect it. A comedicly extreme example of what could happen and it has become our sites inside joke. When I use it I am not doing it to make fun of anyone it was just a great, out of nowhere crazy line that became an instant classic.

I have been the butt of jokes before and laughed about it, rember the Dildo sword fight? Animal amusement kiddie ride fun? the guy that asked the question should be proud that he made so many people happy and helped people get through their days with a good laugh and a thread like this.

You have to much time/water on your hands :lol:

Look at the guy that ran his SRT-4 for 5 minutes with the oil filter off because he could not get the drain plug out?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You have got to be sh**ing me ..... Link please !!!!!!!!:icon_bigg :icon_bigg

BTW..I think you hurt dudes feeling ......

bump (covers head runs & hides)

... Well?

I was waiting for someone to do that :D

Also you are now my new favorite member you did this and your a Boston fan

(runs and hides from all NYC yankee fans around him)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You have got to be sh**ing me ..... Link please !!!!!!!!:icon_bigg :icon_bigg

BTW..I think you hurt dudes feeling ......

They deleted that thread cause it crashed their servers it was that big on the net :lol:

If I did hurt feelings, I am truly sorry and i sugest growing some thincker skin and laugh at your self a little. If it offends someone and we can't joke about it then why make jokes at all, its either all ok or nothing is ok.

If you were offende by this because you thought it was a real issue then you get offended too easy its a joke intercoolers do not melt or explode as a reaction to soapy water.

So as I formerly stated, I completely forgot to ask the service writer about this. Also a factor was probably I didn't wanna feel like an idiot, and it was 8 in the morning, which is unusual for me to be up at that time.

Yes I am a Red Sox fan. Was there for the final game/funeral Monday. Took my 8 yr old daughter for her birthday. That was her on NESN holding her sign before the start that said "All I want for my Birthday is a Red Sox win!". And they broke her heart. Now I have to get her a puppy. I don't blame her if she were to become a Yankee fan. Everyone loves a winner there's no skill to that. It takes a lot of heart to be a Red Sox fan and put up with that much pain. I just have to teach her how to say "wait til next year."

LET'S GO PATS!

http://www.extreme-3d.com/catalog/images/Patriots---Layers.jpg

I was waiting for someone to do that :D

They deleted that thread cause it crashed their servers it was that big on the net :lol:

If I did hurt feelings, I am truly sorry and i sugest growing some thincker skin and laugh at your self a little. If it offends someone and we can't joke about it then why make jokes at all, its either all ok or nothing is ok.

If you were offende by this because you thought it was a real issue then you get offended too easy its a joke intercoolers do not melt or explode as a reaction to soapy water.

Wooohhh,...I was just having some fun with dude as well......it ain't my fault dude bought that joke hook line and sinker....:icon_bigg

My salesman specifcally warned me about washing the car myself. He even gave me free coupons for carwashes at the dealer detailer because of the issues caused by the motherfking soap on the motherfking intercooler. Did anyone else get these coupons?

My salesman specifcally warned me about washing the car myself. He even gave me free coupons for carwashes at the dealer detailer because of the issues caused by the motherfking soap on the motherfking intercooler. Did anyone else get these coupons?

DON'T USE THE COUPONS!!

The Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit has held that negotiation of the coupons constitutes a unilateral waiver and relase of all claims in connection with the class action litigation.

See, e.g., 344 F. Supp. 2d, at 158; that the law of FUGI HEAVY INDUSTRIES includes the Geneva Convention (III) Relative to the Treatment of TMIC, Aug. 12, 2005, [2006] 6 U. S. T. 3316, T. I. A. S. No. 3364 (Third Geneva Convention); 344 F. Supp. 2d, at 158-172.

REPEAT: DO NOT USE THE COUPONS!

"See, e.g., 344 F. Supp. 2d, at 158; that the law of FUGI HEAVY INDUSTRIES includes the Geneva Convention (III) Relative to the Treatment of TMIC, Aug. 12, 2005, [2006] 6 U. S. T. 3316, T. I. A. S. No. 3364 (Third Geneva Convention); 344 F. Supp. 2d, at 158-172."

The Geneva Convention and other international treaties alledgedly signed in good faith by the US no longer apply. See US treaty history for precedent.

WOW i didnt know there was a class action lawsuit going on sign my as up!

Yes I am a Red Sox fan. Was there for the final game/funeral Monday. Took my 8 yr old daughter for her birthday. That was her on NESN holding her sign before the start that said "All I want for my Birthday is a Red Sox win!". And they broke her heart. Now I have to get her a puppy. I don't blame her if she were to become a Yankee fan. Everyone loves a winner there's no skill to that. It takes a lot of heart to be a Red Sox fan and put up with that much pain. I just have to teach her how to say "wait til next year."

LET'S GO PATS!

http://www.extreme-3d.com/catalog/images/Patriots---Layers.jpg

that really sucks sorry to hear that. I was going to take my 14 year old cousin to one of those games but he was on vacation :( well there is always next year, and I would make the long ass drive to boston and probably make it a long weekend. God forbid i went to Yankee Stadium for a boston gam :lol:

BTW,,,has anyone heard from Mr. Gildersleave(the lawyer) regarding the suit? I haven't gotten an update from him in awhile.

Didn't you hear? He got soap on his intercooler and couldn't make it to the meeting!

This thread just goes to show the real value of the internet. It absolutly proves that the famous saying usually (but incorrectly) attributed to P.T. Barnum was correct!

Heavy Metal Killed Beethoven

Support Classical Music

Archived