LegacyGT.com

Problem with my car after washing it.

Holy crap! NASA! I thought those big ass stock cans under my Subie were just mufflers. And now I find out they're discarded solid rocket boosters! Where's the ignition switch?!? :icon_mrgr

now it makes sense why the front of the car has so much larger of a bumper -- it's not for our safety, but for re-entry!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So you're sayin that when the dealer gets a car in a car with an IC, be it a EVO, Subie, whatever, they don't get any soap on it for chance of melting the intercooler? That's garbaged, I've worked at a few dealerships and watched them auto wash these cars. This whole thread is garbage. Once I see pictures or a video of this happening, I'll start to believe it, untill then, it's all garbage.

So you're sayin that when the dealer gets a car in a car with an IC, be it a EVO, Subie, whatever, they don't get any soap on it for chance of melting the intercooler? That's garbaged, I've worked at a few dealerships and watched them auto wash these cars. This whole thread is garbage. Once I see pictures or a video of this happening, I'll start to believe it, untill then, it's all garbage.

Oh, and be careful not to dispose of garbage by tossing it in the hood scoop.

Just so you know this happened to me and it was covered under warnty, SOA has been getting more and more complaints from their coustomers and are poiting them in the direction of this site. They have not yet been able to manufactor a replacement part that does not melt from soap and water as of yet. They did however give me a hood scoop plug to use to protect the new intercooler but I am honestly afraid to wash my car with this problem.

I will be selling it soon because I had my friend who is a lawyer talk to the dealer and I am getting a resoloution soon. My dealer is picking up the cost of parts and install on a Perrin top mount intercooler and Blitz blow out valve because it has a lesser know problem with soap and water. If you get soap and water in you BOV it will cause it to blow bubbles! You will probably never notice this if you are a highway speeds, but in stop and go traffic they come out of the hood scoop!

The Perrin IC and Bkitz BOV are both proven to be free of these defects and there is talk of SOA making these standard equipment on all 07 models and a recall on the 05 and 06 models.

Hey guys, who's responsible for notifying the junior members of the class action lawsuit??!!. I thought we hammered this out at the last litigation committee meeting. :icon_mad:

While I'm on the subject, has the following amended complaint been codified, ratified, or indemnified?

1. This is a Top Mounted Intercooler (hereinafter "TMIC") class action brought on behalf of all persons, other than the defendants and their affiliates, who purchased or otherwise acquired at any time subsequent to 6-1-2004 pursuant or traceable to top mounted intercooler's initial public offering and who were damaged thereby (the "Class").

2. Each of the defendants participated in, approved, and/or permitted to be made misrepresentations of material fact, and omitted to disclose material facts necessary to make the statements made to plaintiffs and the Class not misleading, concerning TMIC humidification in violation of the federal securities laws. Each defendant did not believe, and/or had no reasonable grounds to believe, that the statements made to plaintiffs and the Class were truthful and complete. As a result of defendants' wrongful conduct, plaintiffs and the members of the Class have been damaged.

:icon_conf :icon_conf :icon_conf

^^^ The moderators were supposed to put up a sticky regarding this lawsuit for the junior members, but we can't rely on them. They were also supposed to let us know how to hook up the ignition switch for the boosters (see above) by posting a sticky thread in the engine section of this site. I think the moderators are just letting all the power and money they make from this site (how do you think Patagonian pays for all his pimpy mods on his LGT and Mini Coopers? Costco?) go to their heads. :icon_mad:

I don't even get why any of you think this is funny...

The forums are SUPPOSED to be a place for people with little or no knowledge to get informed.

To whoever is left confused by all these posts...

These guys are all bored losers who at one point where made to feel stupid by someone else for not knowing something that they would have NO reason to know... SO now they're all trying to act smart and funny by trying (and not well I might add) to convince EVERYONE that if you get soapy water on the IC it will damage the car.

I believe it all started from an early post where someone was genuinely concerned about getting soapy water on his engine/intercooler.

Wash you cars as normal... dont' come here looking for constructive or intelligent answers.

:needpics: i washed my car last night... i have been doing this since i bought the car.... Should i now be concerned? I have never heard about not getting soap on / in the intercooler... *crap*

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/640/soapredyg9.jpg

+

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/74/intercoolerjd0.jpg

=

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/3603/shuttlejc4.jpg

The forums are SUPPOSED to be a place for people with little or no knowledge to get informed.

These guys are all bored losers who at one point where made to feel stupid by someone else for not knowing something that they would have NO reason to know... SO now they're all trying to act smart and funny by trying (and not well I might add) to convince EVERYONE that if you get soapy water on the IC it will damage the car.

I believe it all started from an early post where someone was genuinely concerned about getting soapy water on his engine/intercooler.

Wash you cars as normal... dont' come here looking for constructive or intelligent answers.

coming from the guy who's car doesnt even have an intercooler.... :icon_roll

Ok, now you've gone and hurt our sensitive FEELINGS. I'm human, too , ya know.

I will say that our society has lost its Darwinian winnowing processes to weed out the dummies, and this thread re-establishes that competitive process for genetic superiority. If you believe what we post on this thread, you have proven yourself to be a genetic dolt. Do not pass go, do not wash your car with soap, but most importantly, PLEASE DON'T BREED. The human gene pool is diluted enough.

I think I realized my leg was being pulled on the original "soap on the intercooler" thread about 40 posts into it, but I'm slow sometimes and members here are pretty good at playing the straight man. :lol: Get over it, dude. :icon_bigg

Oh, Mele63, HA! You VERY funny. Me laugh alot!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok, now you've gone and hurt our sensitive FEELINGS. I'm human, too , ya know.

I will say that our society has lost its Darwinian winnowing processes to weed out the dummies, and this thread re-establishes that competitive process for genetic superiority. If you believe what we post on this thread, you have proven yourself to be a genetic dolt. Do not pass go, and do not wash your car with soap.

I think I realized my leg was being pulled on the original "soap on the intercooler" thread about 40 posts into it, but I'm slow sometimes and members here are pretty good at playing the straight man. :lol: Get over it, dude. :icon_bigg

Oh, Mele63, HA! You VERY funny. Me laugh alot!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm not upset at all (didn't fool me this time or the last). I'm just trying to set things straight for those who are confused.

It's one thing when poeple ask a stupid question... it's another when you try to convince them of something stupid just to say HAHA...

I think these elitest mentalities on Forums are rediculous... People come here to LEARN... idea being they previously did not know...

Why not help instead of being a d'bag...

Oh and I installed an intercooler on my car just to make sure you guys were full of it... I was right... soapy water does NOTHING!

Bah! What do YOU know? You're not part of the elite! You just got lucky with the chemical composition of your soap and water!

Archived