LegacyGT.com

Soo what should i do about it?

andersoncollectibles

I was driving into post this morning and the guard at the gate checking my id card said to me "this isn't your car.. is it?" I was a bit annoyed because I know he said it because I am a girl... so anyways I said.. um yeah it is ofcourse and kind of laughed it off. Then he told me that I needed to come to the track (Hockenheim Ring) for their public race day because he wanted to race me. LOL My friend who has both an M3 and a Vette has been saying he wants to go to the track to compare the 3 cars, and although I am sure at least the Vette would beat me, I am fairly certain Hotness could compete with the M3.

So, this track day would be an opportunity to do that if anything. What do you think? Should I go? I dont have a clue about racing, and I think its mostly driving skill that wins right, not necessarily your cars ability? Hmm this could be fun.... but I dont want to start something ... hahaha (as in a new addiction to speed):lol:

Children's and Family Photographer http://www.AForgetMeNotMoment.com

Umm....you are in Germany. You should take every opportunity to drive your car fast both on the street and track. Do you have to ask us? :lol: Most of us envy the thought of having a modded LGT where we could actually get to use it to it's full potential. ;)

Well I dont have to ask, I was assuming you would all say I should go... but I was kind of hoping for some driving tips ya know... :)

Yes.. I assumed part of the statement was his attempt at being "cute". I have never seen nor spoken to him before and I dont normally come out and say "I'm married" before I let a man finish his sentences. Hmm.... maybe I should, am I that irresistable? lol

Well I dont have to ask, I was assuming you would all say I should go... but I was kind of hoping for some driving tips ya know... :)

Yes.. I assumed part of the statement was his attempt at being "cute". I have never seen nor spoken to him before and I dont normally come out and say "I'm married" before I let a man finish his sentences. Hmm.... maybe I should, am I that irresistable? lol

yes you are. you are female and drive a hot car.

Kenda:dm:

just make sure he sees your left hand, if he then goes farther call the Captain. LOL as far as racing someone either get driving lessons in a controlled enviroment or find someone with proper skills to drive for you. it 's not worth dying for. btw no matter how fast you are there is always someone faster. if it's a C5/C6 Vette forget it. i know i own one.

bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

I was driving into post this morning and the guard at the gate checking my id card said to me "this isn't your car.. is it?" I was a bit annoyed because I know he said it because I am a girl... so anyways I said.. um yeah it is ofcourse and kind of laughed it off. Then he told me that I needed to come to the track (Hockenheim Ring) for their public race day because he wanted to race me. LOL My friend who has both an M3 and a Vette has been saying he wants to go to the track to compare the 3 cars, and although I am sure at least the Vette would beat me, I am fairly certain Hotness could compete with the M3.

So, this track day would be an opportunity to do that if anything. What do you think? Should I go? I dont have a clue about racing, and I think its mostly driving skill that wins right, not necessarily your cars ability? Hmm this could be fun.... but I dont want to start something ... hahaha (as in a new addiction to speed):lol:

you'll need tires to keep up with the M3.. you're right, drivers do make a HUGE difference.. but since you havent been to a track before, I would take the time to just learn and worry about pushing the car later.

You'll see that the GT is limited to the suspension and tires.. you'll need more to keep up with a good driver in an M3.

Im sure in Germany they just have lapping days (ie, not racing days), so you are out there to experience more speed and fun with better drivers out on the track with you.

Just go out for a day of fun and make sure it's just a lapping day and not some kind of REAL Race.. if it's a real race, you'll be getting into something that's a whole different story.

Keefe

Umm....you are in Germany. You should take every opportunity to drive your car fast both on the street and track. Do you have to ask us? :lol: Most of us envy the thought of having a modded LGT where we could actually get to use it to it's full potential. ;)

You sir, just need track-day insurance for your car ;)

Keefe

practise launches at lights and find a nice back road.....and i cant answer to ur 'irresistable' question w/o pics.....i mean for some roseanne is irresistable and to others catherine zeta is (i fall in the CZ group)...so yea

and from my 'dreams' of cat and mouse with a corvette on some 'mythical' freeways, you will be surprised how easy it is to keep up with a stock corvette

and from my 'dreams' of cat and mouse with a corvette on some 'mythical' freeways, you will be surprised how easy it is to keep up with a stock corvette

you are joking right? must be your "mythical freeway". LOL

bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Well the race is just a 1/4 mile straight shot.. its not around the track. I am not retarded enough to think I could actually try racing.

I should have explained better.

Both my suspension and tires are aftermarket.

I never expected to beat everyone, especially the vette (although stock I think its got about 50hp on Hotness).. I just kind of wanted to go for comparison of what she may be as fast as. But like mentioned... its all in the driving technique, and I have not a clue what I am doing.

There are already a million pics up. haha.

PGT has 2 Mini's and he doesn't run either of them on the track?

:(

mine is barely two weeks old and the other is a cabrio and hardly track ready. The other issue, as Keefe alluded to and he and I have discussed, is that I've got the best insurance coverage in the industry but they've got a zero tolerance policy for 'racing'. That means a mere call to inquire whether I'd be covered at a track day would get me booted....I don't even have to actually drive. They don't care that it's not 'racing' per se.

I've got a few seat time offers for auto-x.....need to take the owners up on it. :)

Since it's a Dragstrip just rev to 4-4.5k and slip the clutch a little on the realease. Practicing on the street doesn't help much because tracks are so much different. You can get a similar launch at 3-3.5k on the street.

I can see you beating the M3 and if the Vette is stock it may be close because if I remember correctly you have same mods as most of the protuned stage 2 guys on here and since your suspension is modified you should reduce squat on launch and that would help even more with your times.

Mod list:

Perrin Uppipe

Perrin Downpipe

Perrin TMIC

PDX Tuning ECU Reflash

GP Moto Custom Built Oil Cooler

Stop Tech Front BBK

Stop Tech Stainless Steel Brake Line Kit

GP Moto Coilovers

Perrin Front and Rear Sway Bars

Perrin Endlinks - which BTW have already had issues.. only 4500 miles on the car!

Cobb Tuning Short Throw Shifter

Kartboy Shifter Bushings

Defi EGT Gauge

Defi Boost Gauge

Pirelli PZero Nero M&S Tires

GFB Blow off valve

So with that info? what do you think?

^WOW kick his ass. bosco

how about u go buy a vette and come meet me on a freeway and we'll see about my 'dreams'.

oh it was a reccuring dream (like 4 times) 2 yellow one red and one white vette and my stg1 playing cat and mouse and 3 of the vette drivers parted ways with a thumbs up or a wave...the 4th just slowed down mumbling to himself.

how about u go buy a vette and come meet me on a freeway and we'll see about my 'dreams'.

oh it was a reccuring dream (like 4 times) 2 yellow one red and one white vette and my stg1 playing cat and mouse and 3 of the vette drivers parted ways with a thumbs up or a wave...the 4th just slowed down mumbling to himself.

i don't have to go out and buy one i already own one. what kind of dreams are these? wet?

if you need or want a wake up call come to Il. an you can try out my stock '03 Z06 Corvette. btw i also own a '06 LGT 5mt stage 2 Protuned w/Cobb up/dp, Borla cbe AVO v.2 tmic and believe me the modded LGT is no match for the vette. 1/4 mi., top speed, handling, even highway gas mileage is better. i will agree that in the rain/snow the LGT is king but thats it. i love my LGT but they are two different machines. your trying to make your LGT fast the vette already is.

pleasant dreams. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Archived