LegacyGT.com

Soo what should i do about it?

andersoncollectibles

how about u go buy a vette and come meet me on a freeway and we'll see about my 'dreams'.

oh it was a reccuring dream (like 4 times) 2 yellow one red and one white vette and my stg1 playing cat and mouse and 3 of the vette drivers parted ways with a thumbs up or a wave...the 4th just slowed down mumbling to himself.

haha.. you are funny:lol:

Children's and Family Photographer http://www.AForgetMeNotMoment.com

mine is barely two weeks old and the other is a cabrio and hardly track ready. The other issue, as Keefe alluded to and he and I have discussed, is that I've got the best insurance coverage in the industry but they've got a zero tolerance policy for 'racing'. That means a mere call to inquire whether I'd be covered at a track day would get me booted....I don't even have to actually drive. They don't care that it's not 'racing' per se.

I've got a few seat time offers for auto-x.....need to take the owners up on it. :)

What company do you have; is there a thread on this?

You need better tires. Those PZero Nero M&S will not cut it on the track. Get a true summer tire or R-compound. Since you said you don't have much racing experience, go with a sticky summer street tire.

Also, you might want to upgrade the rear brakes since you only listed a front BBK. Having more rear brake bias (but not too much) can help shorten stopping distances for racing.

i don't have to go out and buy one i already own one. what kind of dreams are these? wet?

if you need or want a wake up call come to Il. an you can try out my stock '03 Z06 Corvette. btw i also own a '06 LGT 5mt stage 2 Protuned w/Cobb up/dp, Borla cbe AVO v.2 tmic and believe me the modded LGT is no match for the vette. 1/4 mi., top speed, handling, even highway gas mileage is better. i will agree that in the rain/snow the LGT is king but thats it. i love my LGT but they are two different machines. your trying to make your LGT fast the vette already is.

pleasant dreams. bosco

I don't know about that I happened to bring my car to the Corvette Challenge last year at E-Town for open 1/4 runs in between there runs and my times were on par with theres. Not sure how many Z06 vettes were there though. My times were all low 13's that day and the newer vettes were all doing low to mid 13's. Only Vettes in the 12's and lower that day were the old school ones with wide slicks.

I don't know about that I happened to bring my car to the Corvette Challenge last year at E-Town for open 1/4 runs in between there runs and my times were on par with theres. Not sure how many Z06 vettes were there though. My times were all low 13's that day and the newer vettes were all doing low to mid 13's. Only Vettes in the 12's and lower that day were the old school ones with wide slicks.

that maybe true for a stage 2 mt but a stage 1 auto is not going to run mid 13's the other is a stock '03 Z06 with a good driver will run mid to low 12's. i own both i know how they both run and i really don't care either way, i have a car that other people dream about......LOL

btw great times, low 13's w/stage 2 what are all your mods?

bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

I'm on the 1/4 mile list here my best is 12.894 my mods are listed there as well.

http://legacygt.com/forums/motorsports/21501-official-legacygt-com-1320-a.html?highlight=1320

thats one quick LGT plus a good driver. those 60' times are close to what my friends 11 sec Nova pulls. whats next?

bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Back on topic....

Definitely take the car to the track! What is the point of owning such a hot car if you don't do anything with it? Go, take the car out to the track, beat on it for a couple of runs, don't really worry about your times, you don't really need new tires just to play around, and most importantly-HAVE FUN!! Here's a fun thought for you. When A.A. comes home from the Sand Box...and after the "welcome home" stuff, take him and the car to the track and SMOKE his times! If I have a bead on your man's personality, like me, there is nothing sexier than a FAST woman who's a little bit of a punk (don't take that the wrong way).

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

Where can one find such?

HV

google it.. there are a few canadian track insurance companies that do something like 20% of your car's value as your deductible, and then the amount of track days you go.. some are nice where you can buy like 40 track days for X amount of dollars, etc.. everyone will be different, you just have to call around. The cost is justifable IMO.. it's way different than dealing with your normal insurance.

Keefe

i don't have to go out and buy one i already own one. what kind of dreams are these? wet?

if you need or want a wake up call come to Il. an you can try out my stock '03 Z06 Corvette. btw i also own a '06 LGT 5mt stage 2 Protuned w/Cobb up/dp, Borla cbe AVO v.2 tmic and believe me the modded LGT is no match for the vette. 1/4 mi., top speed, handling, even highway gas mileage is better. i will agree that in the rain/snow the LGT is king but thats it. i love my LGT but they are two different machines. your trying to make your LGT fast the vette already is.

pleasant dreams. bosco

Bosco has a point, here's a video of me just being blown by a Z06.. I dont care if my GT was on stage 2 protuned, you simply cannot get enough grip from the skinny 225s or even in my case, a set of 245s to keep up with a Vette, watch the video (it's 40 seconds into the video):

http://media.putfile.com/Myles-22L-Lap1

Keefe

Any case, this is a drag strip, if anything, a good track will some kind of traction spray on the lanes to make the cars hook up faster.. I wouldnt want to run on sticky tires, that's just asking for more of a beating on something to break if you launch hard and your car hooks up only at the tires.. the clutch is the next thing to take a beating (high revs with no boost-building = burnt clutch).. if the clutch is upgraded, then the next thing to break are either the axles or the tranny itself.

If anything about learning how to drive a turbo AWD car is to learn how to rally-launch it ;) aka manual version of turbo launch control

Keefe

Bosco has a point, here's a video of me just being blown by a Z06.. I dont care if my GT was on stage 2 protuned, you simply cannot get enough grip from the skinny 225s or even in my case, a set of 245s to keep up with a Vette, watch the video (it's 40 seconds into the video):

http://media.putfile.com/Myles-22L-Lap1

Interesting. I'm sure it's all perspective, but it seems like you rarely accelerate in the video..

It's probably because you have such a stiff suspension that you car doesn't dive/squat, but.. just looks like you're getting up to 50 maybe.. :-)

HV

google it.. there are a few canadian track insurance companies that do something like 20% of your car's value as your deductible, and then the amount of track days you go.. some are nice where you can buy like 40 track days for X amount of dollars, etc.. everyone will be different, you just have to call around. The cost is justifable IMO.. it's way different than dealing with your normal insurance.

You're saying Canadian track insurance companies insure your car in the US? Sounds kinda weird..

HV

Interesting. I'm sure it's all perspective, but it seems like you rarely accelerate in the video..

It's probably because you have such a stiff suspension that you car doesn't dive/squat, but.. just looks like you're getting up to 50 maybe.. :-)

HV

try 120 at the end of the straight ;) actually, I was only driving 7/10ths while I was recording Myles of Racecomp Engineering in his Outback doing some test runs with his new suspension. But the fact remains that a Vette will just fly past me even if I did drive 10/10ths..

Keefe

You're saying Canadian track insurance companies insure your car in the US? Sounds kinda weird..

HV

but there are few of us crazy track drivers that actually head up to Canada to track there as well.. yea, it's pretty odd, but it's allowed.

Keefe

I thought you could drive fast ? :lol:

drive fast : attract cops

drive faster : attract sponsors

courtesy of South Carolina Slogans

A.C. you should just go out to the track and have fun at the drag strip and practice launching.. you'll learn something along the way, and that in itself is worth the try.

Keefe

try 120 at the end of the straight ;) actually, I was only driving 7/10ths while I was recording Myles of Racecomp Engineering in his Outback doing some test runs with his new suspension. But the fact remains that a Vette will just fly past me even if I did drive 10/10ths..

Not arguing the fact that the Vette is a better racer.. I'd just like to see it in Tahoe in the snow, or load up several large Ikea boxes :icon_mrgr

IOW: if I had lots of money, I'd buy a Vette AND a Subaru.

btw, is it just me, or are there a LOT of Vettes on tracks, and hardly any Camabirds? Don't they essentially share an engine (at least 85%-90% of the power)? Are the Cb's just not set up well for racing with the rest of their gear (brakes, suspension, etc)? Or are they more used for drag strips?

HV

Archived