LegacyGT.com

LGT brakes are very good

azca

Was going 75mph on the freeway today, about a foot or 2 from a new M3. All of the sudden the dude in a new M3 slammed his brakes; I slammed mine immediatelly. We both went to a complete stop in no more than a second I would say. I swirved out of the lane and accelerated and kept driving; the fool kept sitting there in the left lane of the freeway...

I have an LGT 06 sedan with 17" racing wheels ~13.8 pounds and Goodyear F1 tires and stock brakes.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh yeah; I am still shaking up a bit

i'm sure it felt quick, but 75mph to complete stop in one second would be a great feat of deceleration even with race slicks on, and would involve some serious G-forces.

the point of the thread is not what happened; I wasn't tailgating anyone -> I changed lanes into the left lane and next thing I know SLAM on the brakes.

The point is: brakes are very good with the combo of rims/tires I have.

I changed lanes into the left lane and next thing I know SLAM on the brakes.

You might have mentioned that in your first post to avoid some frustration, but I digress. Yes, I find the brakes perfectly acceptable.

The Dude - Two inches and counting...:lol:

more than likely the M3 guy braked using his rear view mirror, something I always did in my Porsche.
"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Was going 75mph on the freeway today, about a foot or 2 from a new M3. All of the sudden the dude in a new M3 slammed his brakes; I slammed mine immediatelly. We both went to a complete stop in no more than a second I would say. I swirved out of the lane and accelerated and kept driving; the fool kept sitting there in the left lane of the freeway...

I have an LGT 06 sedan with 17" racing wheels ~13.8 pounds and Goodyear F1 tires and stock brakes.

That's what you said !

We both went to a complete stop in no more than a second I would say.

2001 Jaguar F1 car 0 - 100 - 0 mph in 6.5 seconds

2001 Jaguar F1 car 0 - 100 in 3.8 seconds

Keep up the good work son. You have out-braked an F1 car with huge 8 piston calipers and carbon fibre brakes.

I guess you can't read what you write yourself

0 - 100 - 0 mph in 6.5 seconds ? um ok, must be the same as 70-75mph to 0

btw for your knowledge braking distance quadruples with speed.

2001 Jaguar F1 car 0 - 100 - 0 mph in 6.5 seconds

2001 Jaguar F1 car 0 - 100 in 3.8 seconds

Keep up the good work son. You have out-braked an F1 car with huge 8 piston calipers and carbon fibre brakes.

Archived