LegacyGT.com

LGT brakes are very good

azca

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Braking distance goes up with the square of speed. Is that what was meant by "quadruples"?

BTW, 75-0 in 1s is 3.4Gs and would take only 55ft. Unlikely!

Let's see, if an LGT does 60-0 in say 125ft, it should take about 195ft for 75-0. That would take about 3.5s.

he lives in NJ. Home of the worse drivers on the planet earth

+1 the majority of NJ drivers outright suck i live in philly right over the bridge from cherry hill nd i seriously dont know how they make it over the bridge :lol:

I guess you can't read what you write yourself

0 - 100 - 0 mph in 6.5 seconds ? um ok, must be the same as 70-75mph to 0

btw for your knowledge braking distance quadruples with speed.

Um...you are on a different planet. Here, we hold F1 cars as the ultimate road racing machines. The times, acceleration and braking data I quoted you...are for race cars. And NO 100 mph to 0 is NOT the same as 70-75 mph to 0.

And for my knowledge braking distance and speed do not have a linear relationship. You are extrapolating from a portion of the obtained experimental data for which this relationship holds.

LGT does 60-0 in say 125ft

let's see 125 ft is something like 40 meters.

The square of speed (according to ILH's statement) is 60 x 60 = 3600 mph are you nuts ?

Maybe you mean...doubling the speed quadruples the braking distance.

In which case 120 mph (roughly 200 kph) should yield a braking distance of 400 ft. or rather 130 meters. well lets see...an F1 car loses 240 kph in 140 meters

It takes a Formula One car considerably less distance to stop from 160 km/h than a road car uses to stop from 100 km/h.

The Official Formula 1 Website

Braking distance : 300 km /h to 60 km/h in 140 meters (in 3.5 seconds)

Racerchicks.com: Shopping - Want to Buy a Formula One Car?

Or maybe you need to read this (from th Williams F1 sponsors)

55 meters

Fifty-five metres is the braking distance a Formula 1 car travels when performing a full stop from a speed of 200 km/h. The process takes 1.9 seconds and creates deceleration forces of up to 5 G. A driver weighing 75 kilograms would thus be pushed against the seat belts with a weight of 375 kilograms. By way of comparison: when performing a full stop from 200 km/h, a standard-production BMW takes 4.1 seconds and covers 118 metres before coming to a standstill.

Formula 1 Bajaj Allianz

Whatever source you may look at, your statement is false. It may well hold for regular production cars for a certain range of speeds. Certainly NOT for all cars. Read again. An F1 car travelling twice the speed of a regular production car will outbrake it. From the same speed, it will stop in less than half the distance required by the production vehicle.

Your statements are simply put: false.

+1 the majority of NJ drivers outright suck i live in philly right over the bridge from cherry hill nd i seriously dont know how they make it over the bridge :lol:

Of course NJ suck, but Philly area drivers are not a jot better.

lol, oh man, what a thread. So here are my takeaways thus far:

1) Don't rubberneck

2) Don'tfollowtooclosely

3) People from NJ can somehow defy laws of physics...

That about sums it up... and thanks to f1anatics for the links and cliff notes tutorial.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

i'm sure it felt quick, but 75mph to complete stop in one second would be a great feat of deceleration even with race slicks on, and would involve some serious G-forces.

correct, I would know if there was such a feat, I would have posted that by now :lol:

Keefe

you must be very proud of yourself

your conclusion: lgt brakes suck because F1 can do it better and F1 racing is much more important than real get-to-work drive in traffic/pothole/crazy drivers conditions

Um...you are on a different planet. Here, we hold F1 cars as the ultimate road racing machines. The times, acceleration and braking data I quoted you...are for race cars. And NO 100 mph to 0 is NOT the same as 70-75 mph to 0.

And for my knowledge braking distance and speed do not have a linear relationship. You are extrapolating from a portion of the obtained experimental data for which this relationship holds.

let's see 125 ft is something like 40 meters.

The square of speed (according to ILH's statement) is 60 x 60 = 3600 mph are you nuts ?

Maybe you mean...doubling the speed quadruples the braking distance.

In which case 120 mph (roughly 200 kph) should yield a braking distance of 400 ft. or rather 130 meters. well lets see...an F1 car loses 240 kph in 140 meters

The Official Formula 1 Website

Racerchicks.com: Shopping - Want to Buy a Formula One Car?

Or maybe you need to read this (from th Williams F1 sponsors)

Formula 1 Bajaj Allianz

Whatever source you may look at, your statement is false. It may well hold for regular production cars for a certain range of speeds. Certainly NOT for all cars. Read again. An F1 car travelling twice the speed of a regular production car will outbrake it. From the same speed, it will stop in less than half the distance required by the production vehicle.

Your statements are simply put: false.

3) People from NJ can somehow defy laws of physics...

It's true. For every Porsche that I see weaving in and out of traffic on Rt. 80, I see at least 10 '91 Plymouth Voyagers doing the same.

The Dude - Two inches and counting...:lol:

Have to say......

this is one a the VERY few praise threads for our stockers....

I'll take this opportunity to trash our stock brakes.

THEY SUCK.

Sqeaky, wobbly, mushy, slow, and just generally bad in every way.

Also, I'm not comparing to an F1 car. I'm comparing to my '03 Honda Civic Si. The stock brakes on that car were wayyyy better.

Hello consumer. And I say unto you, please use exact change.

This is my shark.

you must be very proud of yourself

your conclusion: lgt brakes suck because F1 can do it better and F1 racing is much more important than real get-to-work drive in traffic/pothole/crazy drivers conditions

no, he's saying your conclusion is false because you didnt come to a complete stop in a matter of 1 second at 75mph.

no one said that LGT brakes suck, we are just pointing out that your story is extremely exaggerated and holds no real value.

I track the GT, even with race-level equipment of tires, rotors, brake pads and fluids.. I still retain the stock caliper for race reasons. In my car doing 120 mph, and it takes WAY long time and distance to slow down from 120 mph down to 0, it takes longer than 1 second..

Even at 75mph, it takes longer than 1 second to come to a complete stop.

Again, we are picking on you because your story is exaggerated and that what you typed are not facts, it is just a matter of your experience told through your eyes which is all over-blown in proportions compared to the facts.

Keefe

don't want to argue but stopping speed depends on many factors including your speed, gear you are in, surface, tire temperature, rotor/brakepad temperature, weight and size of wheels, how quickly abs kicked in, condition of your rotors/pads and your reaction time.

no, he's saying your conclusion is false because you didnt come to a complete stop in a matter of 1 second at 75mph.

no one said that LGT brakes suck, we are just pointing out that your story is extremely exaggerated and holds no real value.

I track the GT, even with race-level equipment of tires, rotors, brake pads and fluids.. I still retain the stock caliper for race reasons. In my car doing 120 mph, and it takes WAY long time and distance to slow down from 120 mph down to 0, it takes longer than 1 second..

Even at 75mph, it takes longer than 1 second to come to a complete stop.

Again, we are picking on you because your story is exaggerated and that what you typed are not facts, it is just a matter of your experience told through your eyes which is all over-blown in proportions compared to the facts.

don't want to argue but stopping speed depends on many factors...

...none of which will make your story even remotely plausable. Relax, your perception of things can get distorted when stuff like that happens so fast (supposedly :icon_bigg).

have you ever tried slamming your brakes in lgt or you just assume this is all bs?

...none of which will make your story even remotely plausable. Relax, your perception of things can get distorted when stuff like that happens so fast (supposedly :icon_bigg).

^^^Nope, but Keefe (Xenonk) has. That man knows the performance dynamics of the LGT better than most everyone else. If he says its BS, I believe him.

EDIT: I was going to do the calculations, but brother ilh (post #29) has already done it for me. Logically, mathematically, and practically your account holds no weight.

Archived