LegacyGT.com

Mazda Miata Roadster Coupe

Well the Roadster Coupe version of the Miata got introduced to the public today at the British motorshow and its quite an interesting little car!

For pics, videos, highlights, spec sheets and the press release, see the link that I put together that kind of combined everything you wanted to know about the car in one thread!

Mazda Miata Power Retractable Hart Top PRHT - Tripleplate.com

What does everyone think of the new Miata???

would those wheels fit a Lgt?

Anything will fit... its all a matter of money. :icon_bigg

But I agree, the rims looks great.

As for the hardtop convertible, yeah thats what it is, but the Mazda marketing gurus are labelling it as a Roadster Coupe, its two, two, TWO cars in one!! :lol:

how about they add a turbo to it. Even though it's cool, I'd rather a Sky Redline or a Solitices GXP before that.

I'm guessing the turbo is going to be for the Mazdaspeed version, good for 250+hp and a price tag somewhere around that of an s2000.

A little bit more $$$ than a GXP or Redline Sky, but I think the premium is worth it. :)

Drove one quite a bit @ the last Mazda challenge event...came away impressed with the handling, just needed more power;)

Now thow in the 2.3 turbocharged tuned to about 270hp & a new toy ma be in the garage:)

Mazda would not go crazy with the pricing either I'd say 32-33k...

35-36k for a GXP or a Saturn.....:lol::lol::lol:

I like the look but not in a million years would I pay that

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

35-36k for a GXP or a Saturn.....http://legacygt.com/forums/../images/smilies/lol.gifhttp://legacygt.com/forums/../images/smilies/lol.gifhttp://legacygt.com/forums/../images/smilies/lol.gif

I like the look but not in a million years would I pay that

The GXP is about $25.9K and the Red Line is $27.9K

Indeed it is.....

The car is for my neighbors wife, he pulls up in his 06 CLK 55 & gets attitude @ the Saturn dealer...:lol::lol:

"This is a very special car.....deposits are being taken @ this time, no test drives"

Now looking @ a Brand new 05 Crossfire SRT for 35k or a 06 Roush Mustang convert......

I know what you may think about the Crossfire but it is a very sharp Package in person

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Face it - the Miata was meant to be a top down car and looks way better that way IMHO. The Conv HT was a nod to those upscale buyers who wouldn't deign to lift/drop the top on their own.

Definitely a ton of fun from the handling side, but too underpowered for me.

Agree with Rao - the dealers are going to kill themselves with the markups on the Sky / Solstice models. Just plain stoopid in my mind.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

yep.

Fuel tank on top of axle cavity, roof on top of the fuel tank.

It will raise the center of gravity just a bit, though, top up and top down. Top up being more pronounced, of course. but still, the car isn't THAT heavy, and lowering the suspension a bit will probably offset some of that, and improve handling a bit more.

I believe the folding hard top will be non-power, too. And dropping the top on a miata is very easy. with a little bit of flexibility, and no tonneau cover, it can be done from the driver's seat.

The NC miatas with soft tops don't even need a tonneau, since the top folds outside up, like the boxster and MR-Spyder did. That is the single real feature that I wish our 99 had. the slight improvement in interior volume is the other... but can one call empty space a feature? :D

I'd rather a Sky Redline or a Solitices GXP before that.

Nothing cool about manual covertibale top with multiple steps that you have to get out of the car to operate. Tops that you'd have to get out of the car to operate is so...1950's.

Espeically if you spent $30k+ on the stupid thing.

Slow compared to a Legacy GT, maybe. It will still move along at most normal pace situations, and is much more brisk than my 4-liter truck, that is for sure. Fun up to about 90mph. and it runs low on steam. Handling is the best part, though.

There are a couple of modestly curvy roads here along the river bottoms, and the thing will grip like crazy, and is fun even at normal road speeds.

Something about driving a slow car fast... (rather than driving a fast car slow... :D )

We have a Classic Red 1999 5MT base model (black cloth, black top) optioned up with preferred equip package, aftermarket 16" ASA LS5 wheels, new 215/40-16 Toyo T1-Rs, and no other performance mods. I would love to get intake and exhaust for it, but no cash for that while saving for a Legacy. Someday I either want to turbocharge this car, or trade for a velocity red 04-05 Mazdaspeed Miata with upgrades.

I have to agree that the new Miatas are not nearly as good looking. They lost most of the simple lines that made the NA and NB miatas classic looking. now it looks bulbous, with the afterthought fender flares stamped into the sheetmetal. A real sports car like that should have a cleaner design. Fender flares get added to other cars afterward, a sports car should not need them to be added. Plus I don't like the new gimmicky light fixtures, front or rear.

The new top is powered.

Hmm - at least raisng the CG on a car already considered to be undersprung, underdamped, & too high (check miata.net comments) will mean that it won't be as hard to switch between a new mx-5 & our LOBW....

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Archived