LegacyGT.com

Worst place to drive in the world

speeding_gaijin

And yes, it's in New York! :lol:

Brooklyn Battery Tunnel FTL!!

Why do they have those plastic dubies on divind lane? In a Tunnel! and there was some idiot tailgating me while I was trying to avod it these things in my fat ass rental!! wtf?

Otherwise I had a good trip to NJ shore. Spotted a few Legacies, including a GT sedan around 5pm at one of the parkway's service areas

Guest *Jedimaster*
NJ is worse. I was thinking of getting a Jersey spec car. They're cheaper since they don't come with turn signals or rearview mirrors.

Guest *Jedimaster*
I got lost in NJ a few times- that place and it's names are crazy. Well, let's see- I'm in Mahwah and I have to get over to Hohokus. I'd better go South to go North for a while, I guess :iam:

Wait till a few of our LGT members in the republic of Kalifornia wake up....I am sure they can argue the fact;)

Visited L.A. 4yrs ago on business........

Worst ever.......BY FARRRRRRR!!

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Why do alot of New Yorkers stay in the left lane no matter what. They need to " stay right except to pass", and I am not sticking up for NJ drivers either.

This is unfortunately the plight of NY drivers. I have found it true for many. Not sure why. I know I am in the right lane because I am usually the one passing...

This is unfortunately the plight of NY drivers. I have found it true for many. Not sure why. I know I am in the right lane because I am usually the one passing...

+1

There's always those "50 in the fast lane" jerkoffs. I hate that crap. I hate NJ drivers worse though. U-turns, jughandles, WTF???? Just make a left damit!!! :lol:

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

iraq

. car bomb make the worst potholes and are very bad for low profile tire. Also paris I was there last month and drive really nuts. they make right turns from the far left. they pretty much drive any way they want.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Why do alot of New Yorkers stay in the left lane no matter what. They need to " stay right except to pass", and I am not sticking up for NJ drivers either.

You have no idea how bad it is until you see someone in their giant Suburban trying to cut across three lanes from the on ramp just to get to the left lane thats full of traffic. Even though the right lane is completely clear :D

Guest JessterCPA

This would be my only complaint about NY Drivers. I used to get this all the time up at the 287/Thruway Interchange. I am humming along at 80 or so, and a darn NY driver sitting in the left lane doing 50.

NYC drivers are awesome. Simply put, they need to get somewhere, so they will honk & beep at you, but you better get in & step on it, or else they will be late. NJ drivers do not care. Hit them. They have lawyers.

Long Island is a whole different story.

Jesse

This would be my only complaint about NY Drivers. I used to get this all the time up at the 287/Thruway Interchange. I am humming along at 80 or so, and a darn NY driver sitting in the left lane doing 50.

NYC drivers are awesome. Simply put, they need to get somewhere, so they will honk & beep at you, but you better get in & step on it, or else they will be late. NJ drivers do not care. Hit them. They have lawyers.

Long Island is a whole different story.

Jesse

I love driving in NYC mainly because, if someone cuts you off, they only did it because there was just enough room to do so. I, in most cases, will not get mad for getting cut off in NYC, because I do the exact same thing. It's about getting where you gotta go without hitting anyone. And yes, LI is defi a diff story...

:lol: When I was living in NYC and I thought Jersey drivers were bad. Then, when I moved out to Jersey and I found out that NY drivers are just as bad. Drivers are saving their blinkers for Xmas time. :)

As for getting cut off in the city, its normal.

I think Boston may be a runner for the worst place to drive. Pretty much anywhere within city limits is a zoo during rush hour. The following factors increase a drivers frustrations exponentially:

1. Rain or snow - people seem to forget how to drive when water is coming from the sky.

2. A Sox game - THERE IS NO PARKING ANYWHERE! QUIT STOPPING EVERY 10 FEET TO SEE IF YOU CAN FIT! Also, the resulting gridlock shows how f'ing stupid people actually are.

3. Moving/Graduation - With roughly 40 schools is the nearby area, the popluation of Boston doubles in the fall when kids come back to school.

Narrow, misleading road system + Bad drivers + Drunk buffoons + Moving trucks = FTL.

And this was before the I90 and I93 tunnels started colapsing and killing people!

:soap_box:

1. Rain or snow - people seem to forget how to drive when water is coming from the sky.

see, I've found the opposite while driving to CT to work. No matter if it's pouring rain or 6 inches of snow the CT drivers all drive as if it were sunny & dry out. It's crazy when someone flys past you goin 80 mph in those conditions.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Guest JessterCPA
see, I've found the opposite while driving to CT to work. No matter if it's pouring rain or 6 inches of snow the CT drivers all drive as if it were sunny & dry out. It's crazy when someone flys past you goin 80 mph in those conditions.

So true. I was on my way to Boston for a client job & drove through Hartford. OMG!!! These people are insane. It was a downpour, and I was doing maybe 60. It was like I was parked on the side of the road. I was actually scared.

Jesse

bucks county pa, all the jerkoff new yorkers are moving here and ******* things up the worst thing is that when they get pa plates there is no warning when you are near them and they give us pa drivers a bad rap

CT drivers are insane in bad weather (I mean torrential downpours). Never been so scared in my life:eek: In NY its the opposite, that psycho in the SUV turns into a prissy little schoolgirl learner when it starts to rain :D

Oh and cutting off people is normal here. Apparently this is also where the no signal thing got popular. I mean do you really want to tell the person you're about to cut them off before you actually do it. No way. NYC FTW!:D

As a former NY'er, I think Boston is worse.

The only place where someone will cut you off and then drive below the speed limit to prove they are a safe driver.

Also love the inching out from a side street onto a main thorough fare. Sometimes, the car is 1/2 a car length into the main road. Will I give them courtesy and let them in? Depends.

Archived