LegacyGT.com

GOTO:Racing, In-car video of #93 COBB Legacy GT (GOTO vs. ICY)

GOTORacing

Here it is, the video of us racing with ICY. After I got by them, I gapped them by multiple positions.

http://norcalhondaracing.com/Videos...acyVSLegacy.wmv

And here is the video of the rotor failing, a sound you don't want to here coming from your car http://images.nasioc.com/forums/images/smilies/frown.gif.

http://norcalhondaracing.com/Videos...idOhioRotor.wmv

Right click save as please.

-Brian

That was nice little love tap you gave the ICY wagon when it was trying to squeeze you down. :lol:

Yeah, I was sure that he saw me there since we were two wide through the entire previous turn. Oh well, my bumper was already messed up from the wreck in practice lol.

Yeah, I was sure that he saw me there since we were two wide through the entire previous turn. Oh well, my bumper was already messed up from the wreck in practice lol.

Did the rotor fail during practice?

ICY seemed pretty fast on straights, but a little sloppy in corners.

how different are your guys' setups???

tell us more about the rotor issue! nice video and sweet driving on your part. :icon_cool

btw, did you think about getting a cobalt ss instead :icon_wink

ICY seemed pretty fast on straights, but a little sloppy in corners.

how different are your guys' setups???

tell us more about the rotor issue! nice video and sweet driving on your part. :icon_cool

btw, did you think about getting a cobalt ss instead :icon_wink

Thanks for the compliments. I have no idea how ICY has there car setup, but it seems pretty twitchy. Don't worry, we are going to have something for those Cobalts on the straights in Barber ;).

-Brian

Don't worry, we are going to have something for those Cobalts on the straights in Barber ;).

-Brian

Are they finally going to let you dump the mufflers?

I noticed when it was just the two legacies together it was awfully quiet out there, sounded like you two forgot to turn on the engines and where just coasting through the course.

Looks like you might have had the torque for coming out of the corners faster but could not get good exit speed when blocked? Also seemed he had the HP to pull up high? How did each of you qualify respectfully? *respectively

Looks like you might have had the torque for coming out of the corners faster but could not get good exit speed when blocked? Also seemed he had the HP to pull up high? How did each of you qualify respectfully?

We qualified one spot ahead of them with a high 1:39. We had hardly any time on track at that point, so when I got going in the race, I turned a 1:38.6. 4'th fastest lap of the race. The car was definetely faster than where we finished. Dumb pit exiting rules :(.

We qualified one spot ahead of them with a high 1:39. We had hardly any time on track at that point, so when I got going in the race, I turned a 1:38.6. 4'th fastest lap of the race. The car was definetely faster than where we finished. Dumb pit exiting rules :(.

lol you did not leave the pit with a catch can in did you!?

I am sure you will get them next time though it was cool to see the wagon whipping around in front of you.

Is anyone else having trouble with the video? I get a small file DL to the desktop and Media player won't play it :nono:

*edit* NM, I got it.

Great video!! Nice clean racing. That guy in the RX-8 in the beginning was pretty clean too and I was surprised he had the HP to hold you off for so long. I though he'd eat your lunch in the turns and you'd reel him in the straights.I wish Speed's coverage was half as fun as watching your vid's.

ICY looks like they had lots of oversteer dialed in, car kept looking like it wanted to ROTATE NOW.

Hello,

lol you did not leave the pit with a catch can in did you!?

Heh, the rule that caught us related to the position of the pace car. We came in before catching the pace car / pack, so when we tried to go out, we got stuck waiting for the pace car to lap one more time and let the whole field pass by once more, dropping us 1.5 laps, plus the .5 laps that passed during the pit, and voila, from 9th to 2-laps down. Wah.

Joel, studying the rules with a fine tooth comb

Duh!! Wagons rule!! ;)

Lol, not quite.

We had boost leek issues all weekend, and wrecking the car twice limited our time to find them :). I am completely confident that we are going to have plenty of power at Barber. Mike Warfield from Gruppe-S is going through the motor next week. He will get everything sorted out.

Fabulous in-car video. Very impressive driving skills. Gutsy moves trying to get by in corners. Risk-taking late braking but a joy to watch. Definately down on power in the straightaways. That feeling must have sucked. But excellent corner entry and exit speeds. GOTO was closing multiple car lengths through a single turn of set of sweepers. A pleasure to watch.

By the way, how did you get the audio sound to be so clear? The windows are rolled down per track rules, correct? Did you use a remote microphone? Every time I take an in car vid it sounds like a freakin hurricane.

By the way, how did you get the audio sound to be so clear? The windows are rolled down per track rules, correct? Did you use a remote microphone? Every time I take an in car vid it sounds like a freakin hurricane.

I don't know about GOTO's setup, but I just learned about this and am wanting to try it. I don't know what video camera you use, but try to get like a sock or piece of foam over your microphone. This should supposedly reduce unwanted wind noise.

-ben

Fabulous in-car video. Very impressive driving skills. Gutsy moves trying to get by in corners. Risk-taking late braking but a joy to watch. Definately down on power in the straightaways. That feeling must have sucked. But excellent corner entry and exit speeds. GOTO was closing multiple car lengths through a single turn of set of sweepers. A pleasure to watch.

We haven't done anything special. Now that you bring it up I am not sure why, probably just something to do with how the air flows through the car. The camera must be in a calm spot :) .

-Brian

Archived