LegacyGT.com

Car and Driver - Base Gt + Mods > Spec B?

Barrok

This came in the mail today, I swear if this is a repost you can flame but hopefully it isn't since it came today! Also, hopefully this isn't illegal to do (if it is mods, just take it down):)

Hopefully those who don't get car and driver will appreciate this!

http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/fce5e2a00b.jpg

http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/fce5e2a00b.jpg

http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/6f3a1c364f.jpg

http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/6f3a1c364f.jpg

Cool lgt.com reference, although I don't think the Tein Flex system gets much mention here or on nasioc. They should have skipped the EDFC and opted for front and rear swaybars. I like the braking numbers after only improving the suspension and tires.

Funny that we get a mention here, when not many have recommended the Tein Flex. Having had a set of Flex's on my car, I cannot see how they could possibly compare the feel of a car so equipped to a BMW 3 series. The Flex's ride nowhere near as comfortably as a 3 series, but they do make for very sharp handling.

wow... Im surprised on their choice.

Had the chosen something like either the Megan setup or the GP Motos.. the supension might have been more compliant since at least the GP Motos use a rubber isolator on the pillow balls. Add that + sway bars and bigger tires (why 215/45 of the cheapest kind?!) and the results might have been more impressive.

Nevertheless its awesome they even did that.

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

In real life, they should have more money to play with.

Standard limited can be purchased for much closer to invoice than spec b.

Also, no one plays that much for tein flexs. At street price, they can be found for 1200. And

Thanks for the post. I'm assuming they were referring to the WRX side of the house who seem to like the Flex system. AFAIK, not many on here or in the Nasioc Legacy Forum have much use for them.

My question is why didn't one of their lurker writers drop a post in the forum and pose the question of what would be the best mix and approach to improving the LGT to Spec B handling... or maybe they did...:iam:

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Yeah unfortunate huh? Who knows, maybe they were one of the lucky ones who didn't get flame-sprayed...but ignored our advice anyway...:iam:

SBT

They obviously only mentioned the sites to improve their credibility. If they were really reading LGT.com for suspension help they wouldn't have picked a tein system.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They obviously only mentioned the sites to improve their credibility. If they were really reading LGT.com for suspension help they wouldn't have picked a tein system.

Nicely summed up TB4.

SBT

Any publicity is good publicity...

But I would have gone another way. Either other coil overs, or Bilsteins and Ions or pinks, and sway bars, and at least stage one AP, and Cobb Short shifter.

It absolutely KILLS me that they say: Oh, the Spec B wears blue chip 18" potenzas for 196 a piece, so contrary, we are going to use cheap 17" summer tires.

Some nice 18" wheels, or even just some 225/40-17 nice summer tires, like T1-R, or Goodyear FD-3S (or whatever the acronym is..) or even Pirellis (with an ADVERT on the same page!) You can go cheaper than 200/tire without going for the 80$ bargain special.

New lighter 17" or modest-weight 18" wheels and nicer tires, along with more modest struts and springs, with sways, and stage one would be a great starter package, and probably more in line with what Legacygt.com would suggest. (Hey, I am learning about this stuff here... :D )

I am not saying the Kumhos are bad, I don't know. But trying to create a comparison of opposites is kinda stupid.

In fairness to them, there are very few full suspenions made or marketed specifically for USDM LGTs in the US at the moment. Their mods are supposed to be something any of their readers can purchase. So, they wouldn't recommend a set of used JDM Bilstein takeoffs, nor would they recommend product from a small manufacturer like Megan. AFAIK, the only full suspension they could buy and recommend for the USDM LGT would have been been from Tein.

Archived