LegacyGT.com

Subaru Select Monitor 3 Test With Accessport...finally!!!!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd unmarry: better safe than sorry. Big time.

I just had my 30k service done this week, and there's no mention of any ECU check or reset on my repair order. But every dealer is different, so if yours is talking about a potential reset then I'd think you'd definitely want to unmarry your AP.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

One of the local members bought an AP 2.0. When I checked his car, the test connectors had been pulled out already. On my car, the test connectors were neatly tucked away. I don't believe that SOA would deliver a car with the connectors dangling like that straight from the factory.

He told me that he had never flashed his car before. However, he had brought it in to the dealer for several warranty repairs including a new clutch!

This leads me to believe that dealers will occassionally check the ROM.

;655344']First, let me say that I have no idea of whether the SSMIII phones home on the sly. I'm just trying to suggest that it wouldn't be very hard to do and it would be highly effective at catching those who bring their car in to a dealer with an aftermarket reflash.

What about a UTEC? If you pulled the piggyback from the stock chip/board, how would they catch that?:icon_conf

When I checked his car, the test connectors had been pulled out already. On my car, the test connectors were neatly tucked away. I don't believe that SOA would deliver a car with the connectors dangling like that straight from the factory.
The cars are shipped with the test connectors connected together. One step of the PDI is to disconnect them. Whether or not they're neatly tucked away depends on how conscientious the tech doing the PDI was.

Archived