LegacyGT.com

Honda Del Sol's?

Thanks for the response your opinion was greatly appreciated. I looked up 0-60 and 1/4 mile times and the SI version is still quicker than any Miata up to 97 and I'm not going to be able to spend enough for a Miata that year anyway. The Del sol DOCH Vtec just flat out smokes the Miata. I'll see what happens. I found a DOHC Vtec Del Sol in NH but theres a SOHC one with only 53000 miles on ebay now alot closer so I may just get that one granted on how high it goes.

You're welcome!!

Honda switched the various engine/tranny combos around over the Del Sol production years, so IIRC t's possible to find a SOHC VTEC with a manual tranny.

Anyway, go to the Jackson Racing site. They have a very complete blower kit for the Del Sol (as well as a lot of other cars) for about $3,500 that does a lot for the power!!

Ron

:rolleyes:

Where to begin? Another 10 second car that actually runs 11.6.

There is no way that car puts out 470 hp to the wheels on pump gas - it is not possible from 1.8 liters. It runs 15 psi on pump gas, at that rate it will barely make 250.

It is a very nice car and probably fun to drive, but come on...

:rolleyes:

Where to begin? Another 10 second car that actually runs 11.6.

There is no way that car puts out 470 hp to the wheels on pump gas - it is not possible from 1.8 liters. It runs 15 psi on pump gas, at that rate it will barely make 250.

It is a very nice car and probably fun to drive, but come on...

I'm trying to get a hold of the guy on AIM. I'll talk to him and see what he has to say.

I'm just not familiar enough with that level of engine building to flat out say if it is or isn't possible. From what the article said, and his site, I assumed that was all on pump gas.

Either way, I'll talk to the guy and see whats up. But I have a feeling you're right, 400whp is a lot on pump. even 93.

Is there compression vs. detonation ratio listed somewhere? i.e. 93 octane can handle X pressure and X temp before detonation?

--james

I've seen some info on an H22A (prelude motor) swaps into a del sol, but I'm not familiar with an H23. The most oft heard comment was that it made a great drag machine, but handled for crap.

--james

the h23 is a dohc non vtec motor. 160hp / 162 ft lbs i think. anyways it was found on older prelude si 92-96. i actually mixed up engines though. the del sol used a variant of the b16 engine found in the civic si and type r.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Magowin, AFAIK, the only problem areas are a tendency for the top to leak, and a bit of chassis flex. Braces are available to cure the latter.

Of course, some find that the drive wheels are on the wrong end, but that's a different issue.

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Magowin, AFAIK, the only problem areas are a tendency for the top to leak, and a bit of chassis flex. Braces are available to cure the latter.

Of course, some find that the drive wheels are on the wrong end, but that's a different issue.

Yeah, the drive wheels are on the wrong end!!

FWIW, I've had cars with T-roofs, targa-type roofs, and a convertile over the years. The fit of the top on the Del Sol impressed me when we bought it. It has never leaked nor squeaked for us. I've also known two other folks who have owned them (and one was a car my buddy's daughter kept crashing!), and they've had great luck wit the roofs.

I'm sure there are folks out there who may have had leaking issues, but it seems to be a far better design than others had done, especially with almost no loss of trunk space when you stow the roof.

Ron

Archived