LegacyGT.com

Car and Driver article

Limeade

I read the article during lunch today, and I can't see why so many of you are getting your panties in a bunch. Without addressing some of the problems they had which were car-specific, they complained generally of:

A notchy shifter -- So how many have raved about Kartboy shifter bushing? I know I have. I've got just about every shifter mod there is.

Too much roll -- How many have raved about upgrading the suspension, from sway bars to struts to springs? I know I have

Spongy brakes -- How many have gotten stainless steel brake lines to improve pedal feel? Not me yet. I don't have a problem with sponginess, but a lot of people on the board have gone this route.

The stock all seasons are too much of a compromise tire -- Who here doesn't have the same complaints about the tires?

How many of you that are griping about the article have modded away those same deficiencies that C&D complained of?

The only "enthusiast" who was completely satisfied with the LGT out of the box was GTGuy, and I think he was fooling himself. He would have loved to upgrade to a full Spec B suspension and JDM swaybars if he had the opportunity. He just wouldn't admit it. And even he changed out the stock tires for some high performance Dunlops.

+1

Very well put!!

Ron

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How do you put diesel in an unleaded car. THe nozzle is wider and will not fit. I know this cause I accidently tried to put diesel in my old maxima. These writers are morons.

While it doesn't sound like this is what happened to C&D, a friend of mine put diesel in his new OBXT by accident because the tanker driver/tech that filled the stations' tanks got the diesel and gas tanks mixed up :confused: so neither the nozzel or stupidity were involved. At least they were able to purge the diesel from his system. Think about the folks who filled their diesels with gas and blew their whole engine!!

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

How do you put diesel in an unleaded car. THe nozzle is wider and will not fit. I know this cause I accidently tried to put diesel in my old maxima. These writers are morons.

My former secretary found a way to put diesel in her Infiniti G20. I won't argue your point about morons.

You have to look at the reality of how those magazines are produced. Most of the articles are written by young, inexperienced writers. Good news for the mag: low pay scales. Bad news for the readers: lack of maturity or consistency (or perspective). I doubt most of them have ever worked a job to purchase a car - let alone afford any of the vehicles they drive. Or even afford the money to remove those blue and white propeller tatoos.

The bigger concern for them is they have lost their power as the primary arbiters of automotive taste. Who wants to read about what some 24 year old Journalism major thinks about a car, when you can read about what 24 24 year olds think about owning the car, plus 20 yo's, 30 yo's, and even 53 yo's....

The fact that you can subscribe to those mags for $12 a year tells you what their business is - selling ads to manufacturers. But why in the world would Subaru give money to Car & Driver? They're better off giving it to Google - or Legacygt.com.

:whore:

Right on!~!~!

Hey my girlie lives in Southie and I'm there all of the time! :icon_wink

Archived