LegacyGT.com

Wife wants a Zo6

Laid eyes on a 2002 Z06 at a local dealer today and my wife fell in love. She could't believe I passed it up after she gave me the OK to buy it......neither could I.

They wanted 39000 for it. It would be tuff but I think we could swing the payments right now.

Who knows about the C5 zo6's. I havn't researched them much because I never thought I would seriously think about owning one.

Any comments concering reliability, Insurance rates, pros and cons.

later

For that much money, you could get a used 2005 C6 with Z51 package. I personally prefer the looks of the C6 over the C5.

You can check out corvette museum and corvette forum website for more info.

http://www.corvettemuseum.com/specs/2002/specs.shtml

http://www.corvettemuseum.com/specs/2005/specs.shtml

http://www.corvetteforum.com/

BTW, I'm not so lucky. My wife told me that the Corvette is for overweight middle aged men (which I happen to be a member of :icon_bigg ). She would rather that I get an Audi S4.

i have a '03 Z06 yellow/black, loaded all options. bought it new, no problems at all. the car is everything you have heard and more. should have a warning label. best performance vehicle for the money anywere. fastest show room car i have ever driven. i grew up with muscle cars blows them away, mid 12 sec. 1/4's stock, 170 mph, world class handling, brakes, 18 mpg city, 26 mpg highway at 70 mph w/ac on, i could go on. find a good one you will not regret it. 39 seems a little high for a 02, chevy dealer, history? bosco
Stay Stock Stay Happy

You didnt mention the milage but im guessing it being a z06 it didnt get driven a ton, KBB retail on an 02 with none of the extras ticked off with 35k on it is 36,000USD
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

MANY of the older 'vettes had problems with piston slap and other related engine problems, to the point where engines were replaced. Oil consumption is another issue on some engines.

$39 sounds high for the age.

Do your due diligence dude!

Laid eyes on a 2002 Z06 at a local dealer today and my wife fell in love. She could't believe I passed it up after she gave me the OK to buy it......neither could I.

later

Hah...her plan is now revealed. She gave you the go-ahead because SHE wanted the car!! See here how it goes, one day she asks to drive the vette to work. Then it slowly becomes every other day and before you know it's HER daily driver :icon_mrgr .

I know it's a little more than 39k but we have local dealers selling 06 Z51 C6's for 44k sticker is 54K:)

I am sure if you were to really look you could get 06 demo for just under 40:rolleyes:

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Lucky man that your wife saw a Z06 and had to have it. I dont ever see that happening with my wife, she just sees cars differently than I do.

As for the purchase, nice. The Z06 is one heck of a performance machine. As for comparisons between the C5 Z06 and a C6, I think the C6 might be able to keep up with it in a straight, but even with the Z51 it may have troubles in the corners. But then again that is just speculation on my part.

Good luck with the car!

If I were getting a corvette, which would be a non-likely event, it would hands down be a C6 over a C5 Z06.

The C5 zo6 was a notchback only... the ugliest possible bodystyle that actually makes the car look like it has more of a tank-a$$ than it normally does. And Sir Mix-a-lot already liked the C5 anyway, if you know what I mean.

The C6 is much better proportioned, even though the C5's smoother roofline was nicer. (without all the creases in the basket handle and roof panel.) I like the C6's tapered fastback look.

I just can't stomach the notchback c5 at all. it was a stupid move for GM to only offer the Z06 in that bodystyle, not the fastback. I know weight savings was supposedly the reason... but there is no excuse for that kind of ugly.

Yeah I agree with above comments get a C6 vette over the C5 Z06. They perform at the same level and the C6 is much more refined.

The C6 6 speed is putting down mid 12's and around that top end as well. So I don't see the point of buying an overpriced 4 year old model over a 1 year old new model with the same performance specs.

PM Me for all your Modification Needs!

Thanks guys, I agree with everyone on the C6 comments, I would much prefere the newer body style.

I would need to trade the wifes Maxima to do a deal like this, and again she offered.

I'm gonna keep the LGT but sell the AP, SPT intake, Greddy, and stuff. Wife will be driving that car.......and the vette.

The Zo6 here has 15,000 miles on her, two previous owners.

Wife would primarily drive the LGT, she dosn't desire modifications, so I would sell them. I would drive my old Ford Ranger in the Winter.

I imagine a Corvette wouldnt make a good dailey driver...then again I dont know that.

BTW, I'm not so lucky. My wife told me that the Corvette is for overweight middle aged men (which I happen to be a member of :icon_bigg ). She would rather that I get an Audi S4.

I never did understand that stigma thing... "That's a girlie car" "That's a macho car" "That's an overweight middle aged man car" BFD... If you like the car, get the car.. why get wrapped up in what others think? If I found a C5 or C6 at the right price, I would get it because I think it would be a kick in the pants.

BTW - Audis are for snobs... :icon_cool

"I love the feel of wind in my face and boobies against my back." - BMW motorcycle rider

Sooooo.....I went ahead and got the Zo6, Holy crap what a ride, light weight, torquey, and corners....well...great.

Got'em down to 35 grand with the wife's trade-in (the wife is now a part owner, never mind that I bought her car to begin with, so it is now "our car", but thats ok, bless her heart)

Mainly I just want to say that of all the car forums I'v been a member of in the past, this one has been, by far the most professional and intilegent site I'v had the pleasure to hang out in. That says something to me about the Subaru owner.

We kept the suby, so I'll be here alot. But I'll be hanging out at the Corvette forums quite a bit for awhile. Hopefully they will be half as stimulating as this site.

Later

Archived