LegacyGT.com

05 LGT StgII TDC pro vs. 03 Eclipse GT w/ mods

So, one of my students swears up and down that his 03 Eclipse, hell I don't know the mods, but I will theoretically give him everything NA..Header back exhaust, chip, V6, CAI, and 5 speed. I myself am 05 Stg II TDC protune 5EAT....Who wins??? I have killed Eclipses before, and just for the benefit of doubt, want your input...

Not even close unless he has a turbo or supercharger installed. I traded in a 2000 Eclipse for the legacy. Even stock the lgt wins. The one thing that it had was torque down low (and the torque steer to go along with it).

I really liked my Eclipse and even miss it sometimes, but there's no way that it is even in the same league as the lgt.

Your friend with the eclipse has been watching too much of that Fast and Furious sequel, which was basically an two-hour add for Mitsubishi--targeted at the people who would actually purchase them. :lol:

not all enthusiasts agree on a certain way of modding their vehicles... AFAIK Mitsu has put out some great tuner cars, 1g's, 2g's, DSM's, EVO's, Starions,

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

The more I look at his car, the more I have to agree w/ the F&F statement..AEM stickers on the windows...funky projector headlights,and big 3+ fart out the rear...I really think he is just mis-educated about legacies..Hell he didn't even know what it was..

Bah 5EAT, still an automatic, still a lot slower than the 5MT LGT.

Either way you should have no trouble at Stage 2.

Oh and the rapper is Nas. lol. (im so white)

I no but look at what The Fast and the Ferious has done to our world :lol:

Like others have said, the 3G, unless it's got some *serious* modifications, should pose no threat to you at all.

Not from a launch, certainly. And more than more than likely (purposefully redundant), not even from a roll.

Just be sure you don't somehow inflict that 9 PSI boost cut-out..... Got that traced down, yet, bro? :(

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Like others have said, the 3G, unless it's got some *serious* modifications, should pose no threat to you at all.

Not from a launch, certainly. And more than more than likely (purposefully redundant), not even from a roll.

Just be sure you don't somehow inflict that 9 PSI boost cut-out..... Got that traced down, yet, bro? :(

Did you check the threaqd..I actually think it might be a wastegate issue...if you could check the thread and leave some input..I gots some new issues!!!!

Hey bro,

I did check the thread, but I'm unable to contribute further - I am not up-to-date on the wastegate replacement/install techs.... Hopefully, if you searched around a bit on the AVO actuator, you might get some helpful posts. Sorry. :(

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Guest JessterCPA
Your friend with the eclipse has been watching too much of that Fast and Furious sequel, which was basically an two-hour add for Mitsubishi--targeted at the people who would actually purchase them. :lol:

What?? You mean a Purple 3g Convertible Eclipse isn't all that fast?? :icon_conf

Archived