LegacyGT.com

05 LGT StgII TDC pro vs. 03 Eclipse GT w/ mods

Guest JessterCPA
Only when you throw on some chrome 20's.

That makes 'em fast.:icon_wink

OK. Thanks. That makes sense. I feel better now.

Jesse

:lol:

I had a friend who did minor turbo upgrades and added a boost controller to an eclipse and it was pretty fast. So just because he's young and drives a mitsu don't dismiss the fact that he could actually back up what he says. Try to get him to talk about what modifications he has made to his car.

Headers, intake, exhaust a GT will put ~ 175 HP to the wheels

Turbo/Supercharged cars are putting 250 - 275 HP to the wheels. (they also blow up if not tuned perfectly)

To run much more than 8 psi boost you're looking at forged, lower compression pistons and a built bottom end.

I realized I would be putting close to 10Gs into my Eclipse to get it where I wanted it (Turbo, lsd, pistons, coilovers, clutch...) decided that it would be stupid to put that kind of money into a car that had already depreciated to $8,000.

Soooo, a well built boosted 3G Eclipse could give you a good run, but they are rare. Its a nice car for what it is, it can be made plenty fast but it takes a lot of $$ and a really good tuner.

Ask him if he's a member at club3g.com and what his screen name is, I might e-know him.

And if you muddafuckas don't stop raggin on Eclipses I'm gonna go get my old car, build it up and spank all yer asses. :icon_mrgr

I really don't think he's that into raicng..Having seen the car..I can make an honest assessment that he probably has alot of friends who drive big winged Cavaliers, CRX "Type R's", and full fledged Hyundai Sonatas "SS"..If you know what I mean ;)... I am contemplating printing this thread and giving it to him and asking if he is sure that he wants to continue with his same train of thought...

Just get it on;)

Pinks ftw, then you can take those stickers off and give the car to your girlfriend ;)

+1 :icon_mrgr

Just make sure you do it before he watches Fast and the Furious 3, otherwise he might start drifting on your ass ;)

Archived