LegacyGT.com

Groady steering wheel

SLegacy99

Ok lookin for advice on my steering wheel. I have no clue what its made of. It was smooth and shiny but now its faded and has blotches of grossness. Expected for a 7 year old car. So what can I do to make it shine again?

And the owner before me must have had lots of rings (or a big wedding ring) because there are marks all over the left side.

^ Hey, I resemble that remark! :p:lol:

----

OK, my (mental) age nonwithstanding, I see your options, 99, as being limited to (1) finding a junker that has a wheel in good condition, with airbag intact, (2) going with an aftermarket "overlay" type cover, or (3) going with an aftermarket "stitched-on" type of leather sleeve/cover.

If you're planning to do away with the airbag, though, it's almost always possible to retrofit various aftermarket "sport" steering wheels, provided that there's a hub/adaptor to-match your vehicle.

Best of luck!

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

groady? are you twelve?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I haven't heard 'groady' in a looooong time. I used to say it all the time- in '85.

Hope your steering wheel woes work out. Have you looked into another used (but better condition) one from a wrecker?

Even with the airbag built in, it probably wouldn't run you too much.

Damn... I had a lot of fun in my 20th year.

Live it up!!

You have a great car for a 20 year old too! good choice! When I was 20 I had a gutless Integra that got broken in to every month or so... not fun.

Archived