BDII

swerve or no swerve?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. swerve or no swerve?

• Swerve, I love all Animals
    • Run it over!!
    • Have you seen my pants?
    • SWEAR TA ME!!!!!!!!!

hit it, stop, put the car in reverse, and hit it again. kill it till its dead.

if I hit something I do make sure it's dead & run it over again if it's not & I can. I think that's the humane thing to do

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Up here in Canada we have to worry about hitting moose on the road.

They kill more people up here... at 10 feet tall, you hit their legs and the huge body crumples on top of your hood and shears the entire roof of your car off...

Very messy.

Like hitting a cow but much worse.

gireland swerves whenever possible.

if I hit something I do make sure it's dead & run it over again if it's not & I can. I think that's the humane thing to do

Not always.

I was sitting shotgun in my brother's car when he hit a cat. We looked back and it was lying on the side of the road, right on the white line. We stopped to check its status. When we got close, we realized it was still breathing. After about 45 seconds, (while my bro and I stood there like idiots trying to decide whether we should take it to the vet down the street), it simply raised its head, looked around and then got up and ran into the woods, with no obvious injuries - no blood, no limp, nothing! (Not sure about any internal injuries, however). All we could figure was that he literally ran into us. I don't think we actually ran him over with a tire - there's no way he could've gotten up and scampered away.

1 down, 8 lives to go!

I know that. I was referring to the section south of Ft. Belvoir, VA where I got hit.

does 1 connect to rte 13?

is it the one that connects to the Delaware memorial bridge tunnel?

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Not always.

I was sitting shotgun in my brother's car when he hit a cat. We looked back and it was lying on the side of the road, right on the white line. We stopped to check its status. When we got close, we realized it was still breathing. After about 45 seconds, (while my bro and I stood there like idiots trying to decide whether we should take it to the vet down the street), it simply raised its head, looked around and then got up and ran into the woods, with no obvious injuries - no blood, no limp, nothing! (Not sure about any internal injuries, however). All we could figure was that he literally ran into us. I don't think we actually ran him over with a tire - there's no way he could've gotten up and scampered away.

1 down, 8 lives to go!

It most likely ran into the woods to die. My dad ran over our cat cause it ran out in front of him:lol: , it ran into the neighbors yard and died, (middle of winter) i was 8 and was crying as my older bro chiseled it from the ground( yea it froze to the ground) i was holding the trash bag. :(

does 1 connect to rte 13?

is it the one that connects to the Delaware memorial bridge tunnel?

Rt 1 connects Key West, FL to Maine. It goes through Delaware I'm sure.

when i ran over a coyote i got enough $$$ to get an ap and my car has never been the same

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/6962/p40601806wm.th.jpg

There are other options as well..... such as "BRAKE"... which I usually do.

I'll also brake, if it's safe to. If it's not safe to, then I'm kinda in the Darwin camp. If it's something of some substance, then I'll also lay on the horn while braking. I will not change my line of driving though. There are enough other retards on the road that that can have extreemly unintended and very bad results.

In sumary:

Brake > Brake & horn > Darwin was right > swerve

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

I ******* hate those things!!! you can hunt those year around up here.

funny thing is he made it across 3 total lanes of traffic and a 6-8 foot grassy medeian:icon_bigg

i was in the far right lane. i was in the left but i needed to pass some one in a suv so i made my way to the right. as soon as i get even with the suv i see something hear the thump and look out the rear view and see the bastard barrel rolling behind me.

now i have some thing that will do more damage. pluse im to low for a pop can to fit under my car let alone a coyote

can u say carnage?

• 2 weeks later...

I had a forestry professor in college that claimed the automobile was the ultimate hunter. When a person goes hunting, they generally pick out the biggest animal to bag. When a natural preditor goes after game, it generally picks out the small or the weak. With a car, anything that walks out in front of it BANG and it's dead. No selection or preference whatsoever.

If an animal was large enough that I thought it would do damage to the car I'd swerve. Otherwise, yeah I'd try to slow down or miss it if possible, but I've seen way too many cars destroyed by someone trying to miss some small animal. Sorry Fido, but I'm not going to wreck and possibly hurt myself just because you're too dumb to get out of the way.

I drive about 5 miles of private road on my way to work. The squirrels appear to have a game of waiting until the last possible moment to dart across the road. Sometimes they make it, sometimes they don't. Its all the same to me. I set the cruise at 65, stay in my lane and if the squirrels become crow chow, then the crows are happy and life goes on.

Archived