BDII

swerve or no swerve?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. swerve or no swerve?

• Swerve, I love all Animals
    • Run it over!!
    • Have you seen my pants?
    • SWEAR TA ME!!!!!!!!!

I ask because I saw a guy in a Mustang cobra cream a bunch of baby sand pipers crossing the road, the mother ran back out in the road to save the hit ones, and well, you guess the rest....
Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Don’t swerve, if you hit something else it’s a “you’re at fault” accident. If you hit the animal it’s a comprehensive claim “not at fault” Little animals might not matter as much as dear, bear, elk, etc.

Don’t swerve, if you hit something else it’s a “you’re at fault” accident. If you hit the animal it’s a comprehensive claim “not at fault” Little animals might not matter as much as dear, bear, elk, etc.

never thought of it that way...

Thanks!!!!

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

There are other options as well..... such as "BRAKE"... which I usually do.

brake, hit it, and then swerve as last resort

<---- had a guy swerve for Bambi and come across the double yellow, hitting me. 115mph combined impact speed. I was 17. :(

Ummm, It runs out in front of you, If your first instinct is "never mind" it could be a kid! You have milli seconds, what is it? A rock, kid, ball? And BTW its NOT covered under comprehensive insurance!:)
"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

brake, hit it, and then swerve as last resort

<---- had a guy swerve for Bambi and come across the double yellow, hitting me. 115mph combined impact speed. I was 17. :(

Presumably, this idiot( the other guy) swerved into oncoming traffic. Never, ever swerve left unless the way is clear. talking mili seconds again you should train yourself to aways swerve right as the first instinct. Anything to avoid a head on is better, even a tree.

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Since you qualified it as a small animal, def. run it over. If I can do it without causing someone to hit me, I'll make all attempts to not kill it via. brakes first though. If it's a larger animal, such as a deer, I still go all out on the brakes first, swerve only at safe speeds as a last resort. If it's a cow, I do whatever needs to be done to not hit the damn brick wall of beef, emergency swerve included.

I whitnessed a dead rabbit on the road just a few days ago outside my work. Presumeably its mate was hopping back and forth on & off the road to "check on" its dead mate...with a near death experience each time. I finally went out there with some gloves and dragged it off the road. Couldn't bear to see two dead bunnies out there.

~edit~ I should also qualify that if it were in unsafe conditions, like snow or ice, and to brake or swerve would put me in any danger - I wouldn't slow down for anything but the cow.

[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

I try to swerve.

One of my dogs walks killed by an F150 in rush hour traffic after being left for just 3 hours (first time at a kennel). Left unattend in the yard and jumped their 6.5ft fence. She made it about 2 miles in the direction of home.

I whitnessed a dead rabbit on the road just a few days ago outside my work. Presumeably its mate was hopping back and forth on & off the road to "check on" its dead mate...with a near death experience each time. I finally went out there with some gloves and dragged it off the road. Couldn't bear to see two dead bunnies out there.

You're a good guy.

I try to swerve but like some others said here, if it's a choice between running over a squirrel or rabbit or crashing into another car or pedestrian, the rabbit is going down.
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Archived