LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Im trying to figure out any issues with this mod becuase I really want to try it but I am going blind staring at this computer screen and I only made it to page 45 out of 2651. So please just curious to know if theres any down sides or issues people had with this mod!

Would it really create Power loss? I mean a high flow aftermarket cbe would therefore create power loss with that understanding.... No?!

I'm likely wrong. Lol :)

Sorry, but yes. lol.

With a high flow cbe, you're (you guessed it!) increasing the flow, making it easier for the car to breathe, per se.

And many of the high flow systems have larger diameter tubes, larger mufflers, or of different geometry making the sound resonate differently.

With aftermarket systems, you bolt everything up tight. With HZ, you're intentionally putting a space between the exhaust and the mufflers. Think of it as a leaking garden hose

I dunno... my catted DP increases flow & somehow allows for more powah.

I'm an electrical guy, don't confound me with this stuff.

haha no problem. I'm a mechanical guy... I don't understand electricity, but I know enough about it not to mess with it

Gotcha... either way, its an exhaust leak in your exhaust. Which is what i would have a hard time digesting (im a bit Type A :lol:)

You and me both, lol

You're not ... an accountant or an engineer or an actuary ... are you?

Awesome mod! Finally have that Subaru sound. I like it without the mufflers all together, but the high end RPM's is a bit too loud and crackly. Stage 3 is perfect!

Got my seat belt chimes disabled (removed the white tab)!

Next is to make a grill.

Eventually suspension, then DP/UP, flash :)

Thanks for all the goodies!

Have been enjoying a stage 2 for over a year but was able to get a great local deal on some Prodrive cans. Was a great run with a $1.13 mod! However, it is nice not to have so much exhaust smell. Thanks for the memories.

• 4 weeks later...
Will this do any damage or take any power away? I really want to try it. I just got an 05 LGT and exhaust systems are pricey...so why not? I'm just curious though.

If you like an enhanced boxer exhaust note, do this mod until you are able to budget for an exhaust system. I initially ran stock tune then a subsequent stage 2 tune with a stage 2 hogzawst ($1.13 for the 8 washers) for two years without throwing any codes; until I picked up the Prodrive cans recently.

Finally made it through all 179 pages of this thread. great read. very hilarious. well worth it IMO. haha. I've been trying to hogzaust my car for a couple days now but the bolts are extremely rusted. Started with liquid wrench, just switched to PB blaster. Been trying to use my cheap ass tools with no leverage. will eventually go to my g/fs dads house to use his air gun, but I am extremely impatient and stubborn and wanted to do it with my own muscles. soon enough my precious :icon_twis